“Inexpensive and Tasty”

Ranked #801 of 3,307 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: We offer authentic Mexican food prepared in our kitchen daily using only the freshest ingredients, the same way we've been doing for over 12 yrs. Our taqueria offers more than just the ordinary tacos & burritos. Make sure not to miss the ever-popular "El Guapo" burrito made with grilled steak, rice, black beans, fried plantains, jack cheese and our in house made fire roasted salsa.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Since my daughters moved on to their college life, the area is not frequented as much. However, my daughter and I grabbed a quick lunch there this week and the food did not disappoint. The prices have not been raised, it's been at least five years since my last visit, and the atmosphere was just as friendly. Highly recommend for those on a budget, not looking for a five star experience and quick service.

2  Thank mcmalvarez

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was my second visit to El Pelon Taqueria. I am lucky enough to live closely and could walk there. I ordered takeout. Service was quick; wait staff were friendly and helped to guide our choices. The dishes my friend and I ordered were delicious and freshly prepared. Two of us split 3 dishes and there were leftovers. We tried a quesadilla, an enchilada and a burritos. All of the food survived the 20 minute walk home; each was carefully wrapped. The price is right and I can't wait to go back to try other menu items.

1  Thank Lissa K
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Great eatery, not pretentious, close to authentic food.

We had a house special with fish (two large tacos with fish, which is the size of this portion, is definitely enough for lunch!). Our daughter had a burrito. Yummi!

I won't call this a hidden gem or the best tacos ever, but would definitely recommend if you are in or close to the neighborhood. Very decently priced, especially for Boston! Not overly "lardy", not too much refried beans. Nice!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

So, I am from California and moved to Boston after living in San Diego for 4 years. I really miss having good Mexican here on the East Coast and was eager to try out El Pelon. I was not disappointed! I ordered 2 carne asada tacos, chips/salsa and horchata. The horchata wasn't great but the tacos and chips were excellent. My friends raved about their food as well. Also, really cheap! Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Melissa P
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Can't go wrong with any choice on the menu. Each ingredient is cooked so perfectly - the meat, beans, the moist buttery rice (!)... El guapo burrito and pescado burrito are real treats, as well as the all veggie calabacita burrito! Platos and others also recommended.

2  Thank namsophie