“Stylish with Good Food”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Charlestown
Cross street: Monument Avenue
Transit: A 5 minute walk from Bunker hill Community College Station, 6 minutes from North End
Description: Tangierino Brasserie, located in the heart of historic Charlestown, has been a neighborhood landmark for over 15 years. We offer both seasonal authentic French cuisine and Moroccan specialties complimented by over 125 wines from around the globe, handcrafted cocktails, as well as local and international beer selections. We use the freshest and the finest ingredients, including prime beef, locally caught seafood, small farm vegetables and the widest array of the earth's most exotic spices to produce the most delicious meals in Boston
England
“Stylish with Good Food”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Even having peered through the windows you have no idea how well decorated this restaurant is inside, just like being in morocco. The tables are well spaced so you dont have to listen to anyone else's conversations. I had a moroccan style mohito - well worth trying! The food was good and when I asked for a slight change to the menu they were very accommodating. All in all we would recommend a visit, we paid $93.00 for 2 drinks (one a cocktail), 2 main courses , bottled water and an espresso (this excludes the tip). Charlestown is a lovely place to visit and this restaurant should be added to your list of places to eat.

• Visited July 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Close but no cigar”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Tangierino is located in lovely Charlestown in Boston. The venue is evocative of the middle east, with pictures of beduins hanging from red walls under a dim light, and low lying sofa's. Service was cordial. Their wine selection was okay, the mint tea was good. We had some flat bread with olives and humus for starters followed by short ribs and chicken B'stilla for appetizers, the latter of which were just warm, as mentioned by other reviewers. For entrees we ordered Couscous Royal, Moroccan Sicilian eggplant, Tagine of Chicken, and the Sultan's Kadra, all good, but again none were memorable. A belly dancer came to our table briefly, and left shortly after not getting our attention. Overall, Tangierino offers a different experience, but the food was nothing to write home about.

Buon apetito

• Visited May 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Authentic Moroccan”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My wife and I stopped in to try this place as it came highly recommended. The décor is very cool where the environment makes you feel like you are in Bedouin. The menu has authentic and modern Moroccan cuisine and both are excellent. They also have very good drinks like "The Flying Carpet" and "Drunken Camel"

Visited May 2014
Boston, MA
“Delicious food - exceptional service”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and I ordered a Mendoubia Salad - Baby Spinach, Goat Cheese & Cranberry in Phyllo, Toasted Pine Nuts and Ras El Hanout - Foie Gras with duck confit, figs, almonds and cherry glaze. Both appetizers were absolutely delicious!

We split an entree called Sultan’s Kadra Za’atar - Spiced Rack of Lamb, Three Cheese-Filled Eggplant, Wild Mushrooms, Figs, Apricots, Rosemary Reduction - outstanding!

Tawfik Boulal, our waiter, offered great recommendations and exceptional service!

Entertainment included an exotic belly dancer from Russia.

We highly recommend this restaurant and plan to revisit.

• Visited April 2014
Boston, United Kingdom
“The valet wanted to be tipped b4 we hand over our car!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

First of all, the food was good. We went there right after my friends who ran the Marathon. It was somewhat quiet as most people were still in town celebrating. They have booths with curtains, hookahs if you want to smoke very Moroccan.

We took the recommendations from our server who was very kind. We asked him what dishes would good for family style. He recommended the salon which he said was a bit salty. We needed that fish for our friends who just ran the marathon which was just ok. He then suggested the short ribs which was very good with couscous. Lastly he recommended the eggplant dish which was also good with white beans and vegetables. For dessert, we had creme brûlée and honey tea. The tea itself was very good but not so much the creme brûlée. Since it was on a Monday night, there was no belly dancing.

The kicker during our visit was before we went into the restaurant. Instead of trying to look for a parking place, we decided to valet. The valet told me it's $15. I handed him a $20. He had the balls to ask me if i would like to have change back! Heck yes! We haven't even gotten out if our car. You do NOT get tipped until AFTER our meal, after you get our car with no problems, then we tip you. Definitely not before! I've never had any valet ask me if I want change back before we even get out of our car! Never ever! My friends all looked at each other like "what"? Did that just happen?After the meal, I tipped him less than what I would normally tip a valet just because of his cockiness and to teach him a lesson.

To the management, take note if you want to improve. To the visitors, don't get valet if you can find a spot. You never know what you're getting.

• Visited April 2014