“Yum!”
Review of Bella Luna

Bella Luna
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Luna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #671 of 3,231 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Jamaica Plain
Cross street: Boylston Street
Transit: We are located just two blocks from the Stonybrook stop on the Orange Line. As you exit the station, turn left on Boylston Street, then at the light turn right onto Amory Street, we are two blocks up on the left at The Brewery, 284 Amory Street.
Description: Bella Luna Restaurant & The Milky Way Lounge is a community-minded business in the heart of Jamaica Plain that celebrates the great things in life – delicious food and cocktails, American craft beers, music, art, and fun. Our brand new home at The Brewery complex at 284 Amory Street features a warm brick interior with high ceilings, a sparkly red granite u-shaped bar, comfortable booth seating, a spectacular sci-fi inspired lounge, and a dining/function/dance room which opens up onto our spacious outdoor patio under the Haffenreffer smokestack. We use fresh seasonal ingredients to craft Italian/Mediterranean dishes that are delicious and affordable. Along with dinner seven nights a week (with take out and delivery to the 02130 zip code), we are open for lunch Saturdays from 12 noon to 5 pm.
Palm Desert, California
“Yum!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Great food, great service. Colorful star lighting. Brownie sundae was average. Overall we had a blast. Excellent playlist of classic hits kept the beat going and our table singing.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Funky atmosphere with great pizza and drinks”
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

Location/atmosphere: Tucked in a somewhat hidden area of Boston's Jamaica Plain neighborhood is a popular, funky (upscale?) pizza joint inside an old brewery. Music is upbeat (think 90s Pop), lending to the fun atmosphere.

Food/Drink: Have always liked the Menino pizza and recommend the chicken quesadilla as well. Menu has veggie and vegan options too. For beverages, Im partial to the pineapple-infused Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. Not the greatest bang for the buck, but tasty.

Service: A noticeable weakness, but not bad. Took a while to get bartenders' attention, even when the restaurant wasn't packed But the bartenders were helpful and friendly enough during our visit. Our waiter was a bit of a character but he was attentive. We've had him before so we kinda knew his schtick but it may not fly with everyone.

Definitely recommend giving it a try.

• Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great meal with the family.”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Bella Luna is located in The historic Brewery district in Jamaica Plain in the same set of Buildings occupied by Sam Adams brewery. If possible, try and time your visit to Bella Luna so you can attend a Sam Adams brewery tour around the same time. Although this might not be possible since Bella Luna did not open doors until 5pm on the weekday we ate there.

I was with my two kids, 17 and 11. I had the Salmon Nicoise salad $14 which was a fairly large salad and a full meal. It was delicious. My daughter had a salmon entree with potatoes. We also ordered a large Simple Simon cheese pizza $11. My son ate 2 slices, and there were about 6 slices to take home. The pizza was pretty good. The total bill was $43 plus $3 tax. After redeeming a $40 Groupon that I paid 20 for, my payment was $6.

The meal was excellent. The waitress was attentive. The atmosphere was nice. Patrons included a family with kids like me and small groups of friends. I'll be back!

• Visited March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fun lounge/bar, small dance floor”
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Bella Luna (and the attached Milky Way, not sure of the difference) is a restaurant and also a lounge that sometimes hosts parties. The atmosphere ranges pretty drastically depending on the evening and what's going on. On a quite night, it's a great place to have a post-work dinner and drink or for a date night. They offer some special cocktails, which are on the pricier side, but well worth the money. I haven't tried the food but I've heard from friends that it's good.

Check out the event calendar, as there is always something going on. Free LGTBQ friendly dance lessons on Wednesdays (I think) I've also been to two parties at the Milky Way (one on New Year's Eve) and both were a great time. The lounge area stays calm and the room at the back gets crowded with dancers. It's perfect if there are members of your party who want to dance and others who want to sit with a drink. The covers are always reasonable although a drink is not included. There is a free self-check coat rack-a great plus for Boston winters.

• Visited January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great New Year's Eve Party!”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I actually live about two blocks from Bella Luna, and people tend to tell me I "absolutely must go there!" so I decided to join my friends for a New Year's Eve party. The cover was CHEAP for New Year's Eve ($15 at the door, and discounts if you bought before online), drinks weren't that bad, and the ambiance was wonderful (I loved the LGBT and straight friendly atmosphere - everyone welcome)!

I'm not a big fan of huge and crowded places, so the busy dance floor with the roomy restaurant area right next to it for sitting down and cooling off was perfect. I have a Groupon for dinner, and my experience on New Year's Eve has made me very excited to go back!

As a side note, if you like wine do NOT ask for the house white. It is possibly the worst wine I've ever had, and I am not a wine snob.

• Visited January 2013