“Amazing food and friendly service”
Review of Mario's Restaurant

Mario's Restaurant
Ranked #121 of 3,330 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: East Boston / Logan Airport
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We went to Mario's for dinner on Saturday July 26, 2014, and we absolutely loved it.
Nice and simple little family run restaurant with excellent quality food and good sized portions.
Ursula and Anthony made us feel like we had been customers there for many years.
Very highly recommended for excellent food.
Thank you from Frank (Toronto Canada)

6  Thank pitfloyd

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Mario's is a small restaurant located on Day Square in East Boston. It is clearly a favorite of locals and airport employees. The food is delicious. The lobster ravioli are made daily on site. The first ravioli looked like it contained the meat from an entire lobster claw. The Vitello ala Lisa is grilled veal medallions with fresh veggies (mushrooms, artichoke hearts, summer squash) a light summer meal. Meals are served with a small side of pasta, a generous green salad which is mostly iceberg lettuce with a few pieces of leaf lettuce, and a basket of soft Italian bread.
Our server, Ursula, was attentive and friendly but not overwhelming. They have a nice wine list and limited bottle beer selection. Great food, reasonable prices, and excellent service show why this is a popular restaurant.

1  Thank TravelingLibrary
Reviewed 20 July 2014

What a joy to find Mario's Restaurant in E. Boston. i was staying near the airport and the hotel suggested it.
the food was incredible. 31 years in business and an on the premiss owner. This place should be packed every day.
The lasagna and meatballs were fabulous.
You will be very pleased with the staff and the menu.

1  Thank michael s
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Our hotel near Logan offered shuttle service en-route to and from the airport. We tried it and were very happy we did. Small, unassuming, but very clean, excellent friendly service, and great food! Maybe 12-16 tables. The ladies who served us were outstanding and very nice.

Very reasonable price - excellent value.

If you're near the airport and want a low-key dinner - and you're up for outstanding Italian - put this at the top of your list!

1  Thank Art G
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Thank you Ursula for an amazing meal! I arrived well after the lunch crowd and think she was closing for the mid afternoon break - but her response to me was "I never send anyone way hungry!" and boy was she right. The lasagna was excellent and the meatballs were out of this world. I had the place to myself so Ursula and I visited over my late lunch, She is not just a wonderful cook, but also a sweet host who is there to satisfy hungry customers. I got a hug when I left! A definite stop off if you are staying anywhere near the Logan airport.

1  Thank PinkDragonPrincess