“Great food Thai and Greek traditional”
Review of Delfino Restaurant

Delfino Restaurant
Ranked #111 of 3,231 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: West Roxbury / Hyde Park / Roslindale
Brisbane, Australia
“Great food Thai and Greek traditional”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Food was excellent, views from restaurant stunning, and all staff extremely friendly and welcoming. We thoroughly recommend, and did eat here on several occasions during our 10 day stay on IOS.

Visited June 2014

“Awesome Italian food”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Have been coming here a few times a year for the past 10 years and it never fails to delivery. Food is fresh and outstanding. My go to is the linguini with broccoli rabe and schrimp. Excellent antipasto and the specials are always good. Menu is not huge but has enough for anyone. Wine list is decent, but again your there for the food. It is small and they do NOT take reservations. You can do call ahead with Michael, but be nice. We have seen several people come in and act like they are the most important people and not get seated, so don't act like a schmo. Ample parking across the street in two lots. There is no bar and not much of a waiting area, so keep that in mind during the winter when you will be waiting outside...

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Hondo76
Norwood, Massachusetts
“Like dining in the North End without the traffic...”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

When I'm in the mood for carbo loading and enjoying great Italian, Delfino Restaurant is at the top of the list. Though Boston's North End is certainly revered for its cuisine, the traffic and parking situation are a nightmare at best. Delfino Restaurant gives me everything I desire without the hassle of city traffic and parking.
You will certainly not leave hungry and will most likely be leaving with enough leftovers to feed you for another meal. In addition to the generous portion, I like Delfino because of their value priced wine list, charming decor, and overall value.
Be advised, they do not accept reservations and have no plans or need to implement them. No matter when I go, there is always a wait. Call ahead seating is accepted, but doesn't guarantee you will get in without a wait.
As far as an area of improvement, I wish they had espresso or cappuccino. A proper Italian meal deserves a proper Italian coffee.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank musiclover1013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Terrific restaurant!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I just returned from Italy, and I was ready to put Delfino to the test. The pasta in Italy was great, and I had some of my greatest meals there. However, the al dente perfection of the bolognese at Delfino can hardly be touched by the Italians. My recent trip, combined with the friendliness of the host and wait staff at Delfino, definitely puts Delfino right up at the top of the list of Italian restaurants, in Boston and around the world.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank bospathdoc
Foxboro, Massachusetts
“Total Lack of Customer Service”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

5/23/2014
We have been frequenting Delfinos for almost two years. On Mother's Day my husband , daughter, son in law and two kids enjoyed a great day, and dinner at Delfinos. We sat in the booth that faces the street right at the entrance. We waited outside with others while we waited for a table. Food and service was great.

So, last Sat. night, we were in Boston with friends and decided to go to Delfinos, as our friends had not been there. Let me add that we all live on the south shore, and Delfinos is a 45 minute ride for us.

We were seated in the same booth, and I will not dignify the woman and her entourage by writing all the details that made our visit to Delfinos our last one.
Suffice it to say that this ignorant woman and her friends continued to stand in the doorway waiting for a table. She, especially, was rude, kept banging into my friend's chair, no apology. I asked the maitre'd to please ask them to wait outside or in the little waiting area (it was a gorgeous day/eve). He ignored my request, and these people continued to stand in the doorway in front of me and my husband and behind my friend and her husband. They were then treated to a glass of wine, while standing there, and continued to bump into my friend's chair. She then stuck her head in our face to ask questions about the meal, knowing full well that she had been annoying us. I won't even tell you the ignorant comments she made.

Had my husband and I been alone, we would have left our food and walked out without paying. However, my friends were uncomfortable as it was, and I didn't want to make them feel even more uncomfortable. This continued for the bulk of our dinner, about 45 minutes. Let me just say, that most people are asked to wait outside, or in the small waiting area, or are called by the maitre'd when the table is available.

We left without coffee or dessert, but not before I walked up to the chef/manager and let him know what happened. He appeared to be upset, was very busy, took my name and number and said he would call me. Well, I haven't heard from him. In the meantime, the maitre'd told me he was upset because his boss would yell at him.

Restaurants with good food are great, but restaurants with good food and great service are unique and worthy of my valuable time and money. I'll continue to frequent Carlo's in Brighton and other restaurants that value their customers, no matter how often they come or who it is they know.

Oh, and....PS- if I order a 12$ appetizer that says the scallops are on a bed of parsnip puree, don't bring it to me with corn and no puree without telling me.

• Visited May 2014