“Delicious Italian Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: West Roxbury / Hyde Park / Roslindale
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We live in near by Brookline and were looking for a new Italian restaurant to try that wouldn't break the bank. We headed to Roslindale Square to try Delfino, which had gotten good reviews on line. Located in charming Roslindale Square, this restaurant serves up excellent Italian food. We tried the linguini with mussels and calamari and the chicken parmesan. The seafood was cooked just right and the chicken parm got good reviews from my niece. Linguini could have used a bit more sauce, but other than that it was quite good. Our waiter had an italian accent, which seemed like a good sign of authenticity to us. It was also nice that there were a number of charming stores and a wonderful ice-cream parlor that were open after we finished. Would definitely recommend Delfino's!

1  Thank Kathleenjp

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Food was excellent, views from restaurant stunning, and all staff extremely friendly and welcoming. We thoroughly recommend, and did eat here on several occasions during our 10 day stay on IOS.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Have been coming here a few times a year for the past 10 years and it never fails to delivery. Food is fresh and outstanding. My go to is the linguini with broccoli rabe and schrimp. Excellent antipasto and the specials are always good. Menu is not huge but has enough for anyone. Wine list is decent, but again your there for the food. It is small and they do NOT take reservations. You can do call ahead with Michael, but be nice. We have seen several people come in and act like they are the most important people and not get seated, so don't act like a schmo. Ample parking across the street in two lots. There is no bar and not much of a waiting area, so keep that in mind during the winter when you will be waiting outside...

1  Thank Hondo76
Reviewed 9 June 2014

When I'm in the mood for carbo loading and enjoying great Italian, Delfino Restaurant is at the top of the list. Though Boston's North End is certainly revered for its cuisine, the traffic and parking situation are a nightmare at best. Delfino Restaurant gives me everything I desire without the hassle of city traffic and parking.
You will certainly not leave hungry and will most likely be leaving with enough leftovers to feed you for another meal. In addition to the generous portion, I like Delfino because of their value priced wine list, charming decor, and overall value.
Be advised, they do not accept reservations and have no plans or need to implement them. No matter when I go, there is always a wait. Call ahead seating is accepted, but doesn't guarantee you will get in without a wait.
As far as an area of improvement, I wish they had espresso or cappuccino. A proper Italian meal deserves a proper Italian coffee.

1  Thank musiclover1013
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I just returned from Italy, and I was ready to put Delfino to the test. The pasta in Italy was great, and I had some of my greatest meals there. However, the al dente perfection of the bolognese at Delfino can hardly be touched by the Italians. My recent trip, combined with the friendliness of the host and wait staff at Delfino, definitely puts Delfino right up at the top of the list of Italian restaurants, in Boston and around the world.

2  Thank bospathdoc

Been to Delfino Restaurant? Share your experiences!