“1st 2014 meal "brunch"”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: South End
Cross street: Clarendon St
Transit: Orange Line: Back Bay at Clarendon St Green Line: Copley Sq Silver Line: Washington St at Union Park
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

HNY14! As a unit -1 we enduldged in a fantastic meal to format our taste buds for the new year. The Kitchen was a great choice with all their delectable dishes on the brunch offer and reasonably priced. We just about tasted everything and there is not 1 major complaint, besides that the kids aren't accustomed to maple syrup--poor things, but I enjoyed it! We are definitely going back soon and whoever is reading review give them a try you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Charlette P
There are newer reviews for Kitchen

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Kitchen brings to the south end a relatively eclectic menu (compared to the other menus in the neighborhood). The quality of the food is on par with what you might expect for a restaurant in the south end, which is to say very good. Similar to the other restaurants in the neighborhood, the dining space is quite small, like what you might expect out of a NYC restaurant. I think the menu rotates, depending on the availability of ingredients, suggesting a farm-to-fork-ish kind of business model? I'm not sure, nor did I ask our waiter about it. I've been to other restuarants that have this kind of business model, and I bet it's difficult to make good dishes day in and day out when you don't know what ingredients you have to work with. That being said, I've been there a couple of time, and from what I can tell, Kitchen does a very good job at delivering a consistently good meal

1  Thank Mbotaish
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Had heard great things about this restaurant, but the night we attended, there was a strong (very strong) odor of a bathroom cleaner. It permeated our food and ruined our dinner. We did tell management, and I believe they tried to fix it, but it lasted all evening. All of us were put off by it and just wanted to leave. Will not go back.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Went there w three girlfriends to celebrate a bday. We're put in a table that was similar to sitting in the lower deck of a crappy boat. (Back porch??)Two of us faced the tables next to us and the other two faced each other at the ends of the table. Think... u shaped. Well we couldn't talk to each other without yelling down the table. The food was salty, brown and beige. If you wanted green add 9$ for a side. Zero color on the plates and expensive!!! I got the $32 duck. "Blob-o-duck". Was looking for Soo much more...even the restrooms/hallways were unkept and unloved. Will not go back. Should have gone to Union or Aquitaine!!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Mediocre service and strange, uninteresting menu. Very disappointing. Can think of 50 restaurants in Boston and Providence that are much better. Will not return.