“Hot spot with tasty sushi”
Review of Tamo Bistro & Bar

Tamo Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tamo Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #183 of 3,272 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Description: Featuring contemporary cuisine with a distinctive Boston accent, TAMO brings you the best that Boston has to offer with hand-crafted cocktails and stylishly presented food inspired by Boston's famous ethnic neighborhoods, the bounty of New England farms and the Atlantic Ocean at our doorstep.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

After a long day of conference meetings at the nearby Westin, I stopped in for a quick light dinner (it's located in the Seaport Hotel across from the World Trade Center Boston). Although I had a reservation, I had to wait a bit to be seated. The bar was packed and a private party was in another section, making it very noisy. Once seated, Gio provided good service. I had the Vegetable Rainbow Roll sushi, which had 6 generous pieces and was a meal in itself. I'd ordered the TAMO Crisps for an appetizer but was disappointed - krinkle cut thin potato chip that were kind of soggy, so I returned them in favor of the Spicy Fries - skinny fries with sea salt, garlic, red pepper and jalapeno slices. Much better! There were other solo diners nearby, so I didn't feel out of place by myself.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed at hotel and ate twice at Tamo. Love the barbecued chicken nachos, had on both visits. Chicken had great taste but not overpowered with barbecue sauce, ample sour cream, salsa and other toppings. Service was prompt but did not feel pushed to hurry up and move on. Waiter very friendly first visit waiter came over on our second visit to make sure everything okay. Fish and chips excellent special.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Friendly staff, very tasty meal. For the first time I tried Lobster, and was totally convinced ! very delicious.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Every dish was great but the lobster salad on french buttered bread was the best ! The martinis were buzzing and delicious..I could only handle one, my friend managed 2

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Loved the Volcano Roll! Bartenders are always very friendly, and the service is great. Can't wait to go back.