“Great Venue!!!”
Review of Royale

Royale
Ranked #28 of 153 Nightlife in Boston
Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

Followed our favorite Texas songwriter (Robert Earl Keen) to Boston's Royale club. The building was beautiful and had great acoustics. Jessica, our Bartender, took great care of us. Didn't have to remind her of our drink choice, she had them poured and ready. Great place to see a concert and staff was friendly!! Hope to visit the Royale again soon!!

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Royale (which used to be the Roxy) nightclub is located in the heart of the Theater District. Complete with two levels, a stage, and multiple bars, it is Boston's largest club and delivers dance music and popular hits all night long. For New Year's Eve, Royale packs in hundreds of dressed-up singles and groups of friends into one pumping environment. Drinks are expensive, but then again, they are at any nightclub. Royale's elaborate decor and entry staircase adds a touch of class to the venue that most single-level, boxy nightclubs can't match.

1  Thank Merrily M
Reviewed 4 January 2010

We went to Roxy twice on our trip. The first time was for new years and had an ok-ish time. Place never seemed to quite get full, drinks were expensive (10$ for basic shots), it looked like it had been a nice club back in the early 90's maybe. Second night was a Saturday and the other clubs in the area were closed, so we tried roxy again. Downstairs we asked what the music was and were told top 40's with some latin, I asked if the club had any people and was told it was a good night. 18$ later we find out its Latin night (so no top 40's) and the place is EMPTY. LIke 25 people. Went right downstairs and told them we were mislead and were told too bad.
Basically a bust.
I dont know what your other options are in Boston, but Roxy is NOT worth the money.

2  Thank amydy
Reviewed 23 January 2008

I visited the Roxy in Dec 07. I was there from 11 pm - 2 am on a Saturday night. The gay friendly club is quite large and has a massive center dance floor that the remainder of the club surrounds. There is a coat check. The are serveral large bars located in the club. There is an upper level that has a bar, couches, and balcony that overlooks the dance floor and lower level of the club. If you are looking for a laid back area of the club to hang out in, the upper bar would be the place!

The fun, attractive, and energetic crowd consisted of a mix of gay and straight people who seemed to be mostly in their 20's or 30's.

On the night I was at the club the DJ played heavy dance music. The hardwood dance floor was full but didn't seem crowded as it was a large space.

I would advise taking note of a few of the club's emergency exits as the club can be quite crowded and dark. This is a fun club if you are looking to dance. If you are looking for more of a bar scene, I would advise looking elsewhere! Either way, I hope your visit is fun and safe!