“A wonderful find”

and 1 more site!
Chandler Studios
Ranked #16 of 38 Boston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We were in Boston visiting friends after leaving 25 years ago. We wanted to stay where we could walk or take the T as we did not want to have to deal with a car. This hotel is small and tucked into a wonderful neighborhood just south of the Prudential Center and Copley Plaza. It is two blocks from the Back Bay T station and Amtrak station. It is a short walk from Boylston St, Newberry St and all the restaurants and shops. The rooms are comfortable, well decorated with wonderful little amenities. For example, the lighting can be set to your preference and then saved on a master switch. Our suite had a mini frig, stove top and microwave for those who prefer not to eat out every meal.The staff is very friendly. Comparing the daily rate to other chain hotels in the neighborhood, this hotel is a great value.

Room Tip: Our room looked out over the back yards of the local homes, which we really liked. Other rooms would...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Chandler Studios

Reviewed 4 May 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Studio for a week while visiting Boston. The room is very comfortable especially the beds. We could never sleep well when we are in vacation, but my friend and I had no problem this time. In the morning we sat at the little table, enjoyed our coffee before we headed out to our busy day.

The Studio is located within walking distance to everything, the Copley Place, Prudential Centre, Trinity Church, John Hancock Tower, Newbury Street, Christian Science Plaza, Christian Science Church, Mary Baker Eddy Library, Boston Public Library, Mapparium. We were able to walk to the Public Garden, Boston Common, Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market, Mike's Bakery in Little Italy. There is a nice bakery close by calls Flour, not far from the Black Bay Station, which is our favorite breakfast place. You can also walk to Tremont Street, where you can find really good restaurants.

I definitely recommend this hotel to everybody, including my husband who is very fussy with hotels. I couldn't wait to return again. Thanks to the friendly staffs who make us feel at home.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 26 March 2013

These rooms are large and beautifully appointed. They include a kitchenette with a two burner stove, microwave and fridge. I really liked the private parking in the back accessible through the electronic gate. There are only 4 spaces so you have to reserve but you can come and go as you like unlike regular parking lots. First class

Room Tip: If you want it perfectly quiet ask for a room facing the back.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I stayed in Chandler Studios for two nights. It's lovely, quiet, clean and comfortable. The amenities are new and modern. The bed is extremely comfortable. It's also in an excellent location, close to restaurants, performing arts and a little organic grocery around the corner.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We book @ the Chandler Studios because the Inn was sold out but we were so happy afterwards. It could not of been anymore appealing. We were 4 so we needed two double beds but the room was not cramped at all. Zachery checked us in & walked us over to the Studios which was about a block across the street. Oh - we were also allowed to check in an hour earlier at no extra cost. They have a key pad to get into the parking area, studios & room. We all felt very safe! At the Inn where we checked in there was coffee, tea, hot choc.& water free for their patrons. All of the staff there were all friendly & helpful. Our next time in Boston we are planning on returning to The Chandler Inn or Studios. The location is within walking distance to the Theatre & great restaurants.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Studios room 23. A nice view of the street. All the rooms were booked but we never...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Chandler Studios in Boston for a week in December 2012. An excellent stay -- a classy, large room in spotless condition with a mini-kitchenette we used for making coffee in the morning. Very helpful staff. We kept our car in their parking lot, which was convenient and secure. Wish I were still working fulltime and making more frequent business trps to Boston. I'd stay at the Chandler Studios in clear preference to the standard hotels on and near Copley Square: better room, in a trendier neighborhood, and substantially chearper.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bill_Iverson
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I ended up getting upgraded to the Chandler Studios from a regular room at the Chandler Inn across the street. Not sure why, but I'm not complaining!

The Studios really are little apartments. One queen bed, a mini-kitchen - complete with stove, microwave, fridge, sink, plates, utensils, etc. - a nice closet, big bathroom, dresser, nightstands, and table with two chairs. If I was going to be in Boston for awhile, it would be very nice to have the amenities of this place. Very comfortable and my room was also very quiet. (One exception being that I think you might be able to hear the water from units above. I woke up briefly a couple of times to what I think was someone flushing a toilet, but I'm not sure. But that is common in old buildings, and this one is probably well over 100 years old.)

I slept better in this room than the two previous nights at the Doubletree Hilton 1/2 mile away. (I needed another night in Boston and the Doubletree was full.)

Modern style and everything so new that the extra cords for the TV/Dish TV box were still in the drawers. I might have been the first person to stay there.

It is in a lovely residential area dotted with restaurants and stores. A quick walk from the Back Bay Orange Line T stop, so easy access to everything downtown or anywhere else in Boston.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business