“Awesome prices, Great Atmosphere and Good Food”
Review of Galway House

Galway House
Ranked #773 of 3,307 Restaurants in Boston
Neighbourhood: Jamaica Plain
Neighbourhood: Jamaica Plain
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Galway is a favorite place in my house. It's got a great beer selection, cheap mixed drinks and some pretty tasty Buffalo Tenders. When I went with my roommates, one got the salmon and absolutely loved it.

Definitely a neighborhood atmosphere in here, which is what keeps me coming back. There's usually a bit of a crowd, especially on game days, so be prepared.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

The title says it all! Plus, great beer selection, and the cutest bartender in JP. Late night food until 1:30 Monday-Saturday.

1  Thank Bonnie O
Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

Waitresses working their butts off. Huge portions. Good beer selection. It looks questionable from the outside. But go for it! And try the honey fried chicken!

Reviewed 6 August 2012

My son introduced me to the Galway House on Centre St. in Jamaica Plain - it is the quintessentail neighborhood bar. Go there for lunch and eat with Boston's real people - great food, good service, and a waitress who wouldn't know what do with a final R (or should we say AHH) if it introduced itself and kissed her on the cheek. Great brunch on weekends, too!

Reviewed 24 July 2012

I have been coming to the Galway House for over 40 years. If you want downtown chic along with downtown prices then stay away but if you want great food, huge portions and great prices then come on down. This is a funky neighbor bar/restaurant inhabited by locals and their guests. Food is prpeared to order and the amounts are copious. Their lobster salad has close to a pound of fresh lobster with NO mayonnaise. Their buffalo wings are served mild, medium or hot. There are several specials daily which are based on the catch of the day or the butcher's special. The chicken marsala is awesome as is the clam chowder. Whenever I have out of town company we always come here and I have never had an unhappy guest yet. There are several wide screen TV's playing sports or the news. The decor is funky eclectic and is clean. This is a great place to eat and to meet locals as if you are a regular 'they really do know your name." I have never been in here yet when I do not see at least one person I know...that is a sign of a good place if the locals eat there and keep returning!!

1  Thank catlover710

Been to Galway House? Share your experiences!