“Don't go expecting Blue Ginger.”
Review of Blue Dragon

Blue Dragon
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Dragon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #334 of 3,307 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was expecting more having been to Ming Tsai's other restaurant Blue Ginger in Wellesley, MA. It was okay but I expected more. On the other hand I would highly recommend Blue Ginger !!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

That's right, the dan dan noodles are like the asian version of bolognese. You will love them. We also had the pork belly which is to die for and short rib potstickers , wontons and fish tacos. the drinks were also exceptional. all was very tasty, packed with flavor.The waitress was warm, fun and excited about the menu as she should be.OMG went on a Monday night and the place was full, so try to plan accordingly.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I met a friend for dinner and he recommended this place as it was nearby his workplace. Although I like Asian cuisine, I would hardly say I'm a super fan so I wasn't overly excited to go. However, this place turned out to be really great. They had some greta microbrews on tap and some interesting specials. They had fried fiddleheads (I love fiddleheads). The tapas menu was great. Good selection and everything was super tasty. I'd highly recommend it if you're in the area. It's technically in Southy, but just barely. Short walk over the bridge.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Had dinner here on Memorial Day holiday. Server Sara Ann was outstanding. Everyone in our little party of four had their particular favorites of the evening: One liked the ahi tuna tartare, another chose the teriyaki bison burgers, another picked Mom's S&P shrimp platter and my personal favorite was the sweet and sour ribs. I ordered the whole fried chicken based on some reviews I read, but we all thought it was nothing special. Two kinds of dumplings, edamame, specials of the day (swordfish and fiddleheads), rice, lamb pops, etc. all good. And of course, don't skip the cookie dessert! A fun evening overall. Oh, one person in my group has a tree nut allergy and we were advised not to worry as the Blue Dragon is a nut-free zone.
But the real reason I'm writing another review is just to give you a heads up about our parking experience. The Necco Street garage was closed because of the holiday and the restaurant suggested we park at the Central Parking lot, 284 A Street. The sign board at the lot said it was $8 after 3 on weekdays and that it was cash only. When we were exiting the manned kiosk, the guy said it was $10, but the amount he rang up was $8. We said that the posted signage said it was $8 (and I didn't mention that the kiosk sign board showed he only rang in $8), and he very grudgingly gave us our $2 in change. So, if you end up parking there, just keep that in mind and don't let this guy scam you and everyone else for an extra $2 for being inattentive.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have been big fans of Blue Ginger, Ming Tsai's flagship restaurant in Wellsley MA so discovering that he opened another restaurant in the seaport section of Boston was a must for us. Dishes are prepared without the use of peanut or tree nuts. This was important as the couple joining us have some food allergies. Open for a year, this place is very casual compared to Blue Ginger but the service and food met our expectations. Our servers, Alex and Jared, helped us when ordering. The menu consists of multiple small plates and several platters of Asian inspired dishes. We tasted pot stickers, fish tacos, sake infused foie gras terrine, buffalo sliders, pad thai with scallops and bacon, lamb lollipos and a whole sea bass with a roasted pineapple salsa. The flavors of each dish were different and distinctive. Some dishes were quite spicy and others were mild.
None of us left hungry.
There is a decent wine list and I enjoyed a lemongrass gimlet made with a house infused vodka.
Arrive early as reservations are not accepted. We met our friends at the bar at 4:30 as dinner service begins at 5.
Thanks Ming for creating another amazing dining experience!