“Fun, unique accomodation!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
nhmeroots
Portland, Maine
“Cost out of proportion to value”
Reviewed 30 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

I was hesitant to stay on a houseboat, thinking it might be a bit damp, mildewy and sort of like a trailer. So I looked hard for one that I thought would be at least a little classy, with quality furnishings, bedding, etc. - according to the description, the White Elephant should be lovely. The natural wood features are nice, but they're much diminished by the otherwise trailerlike materials used in the ceilings, walls, cheap showers, and worn, old furniture. We had no hot water for showers, and I admit we should have called someone, but didn't - our time was so short.... The beds weren't bad, but the alcoves were extremely stuffy and too short for normal adults.

If it had been just two of us for $275/night I wouldn't feel so bad, but at $25/night for each additional person (there were 6 of us) and additional fees, we paid almost $600/night. At this cost I expected a much, much nicer accommodation.

Sleep Afloat was good enough to refund $100, but they should revisit their pricing policy, and spruce the place up.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the deck in the evening
Liked least: main room, beds, LR furniture
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Connecticut
Reviewed 5 April 2013 for a stay in June 2012

NJ
Reviewed 4 April 2013 for a stay in May 2012

Texas
Reviewed 4 April 2013 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

Germany
Reviewed 29 March 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Rugged travelers
29 Mar 2013
Hi Ron,

We were sorry to read this review and apologize for the disappointment you experienced. Since your stay last summer we have made some very much needed renovations to the boat. If you're ever interested in giving us a second chance we'd love to show you how much better a SleepAfloat experience can be.

Phoenix AZ
Reviewed 28 March 2013 for a stay in July 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
28 Mar 2013
So glad to hear you enjoyed your experience! The boat has since been moved to downtown Boston, even closer to all the sites! Please come back again soon!

VT
Reviewed 28 March 2013 for a stay in December 2012

Rugged travelers
28 Mar 2013
So glad to hear you enjoyed your New Years Eve with us! Please come back again soon!

SleepAfloat
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing