“Best view in Boston!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

4 of 5 bubbles Value 4 of 5 bubbles Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Location 4 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
4 of 5 bubbles Check-in / front desk 4 of 5 bubbles Service
12 Nov 2013
Thanks so much for the review! Glad to see you enjoyed your stay!

We appreciate the comments about the updates. We had no idea about the stove and will have maintenance address this immediately. The boat owner plans on making some renovations to the boat this winter and we will make sure she puts these items on her list.

Team SleepAfloat
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
30 Oct 2013
So glad to hear you all enjoyed your time with us! Thanks for the review! Please come back anytime!

SleepAfloat
Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Value 3 of 5 bubbles Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Location 3 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Check-in / front desk 5 of 5 bubbles Service
30 Oct 2013
Hi Rami,

Thanks for the review! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! I wish you had told us about the hot water, we would've tried to fix this for you. Happy to see you enjoyed your time on the boat regardless. You're welcome back any time!

Team SleepAfloat
nhmeroots
Portland, Maine
“Cost out of proportion to value”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

I was hesitant to stay on a houseboat, thinking it might be a bit damp, mildewy and sort of like a trailer. So I looked hard for one that I thought would be at least a little classy, with quality furnishings, bedding, etc. - according to the description, the White Elephant should be lovely. The natural wood features are nice, but they're much diminished by the otherwise trailerlike materials used in the ceilings, walls, cheap showers, and worn, old furniture. We had no hot water for showers, and I admit we should have called someone, but didn't - our time was so short.... The beds weren't bad, but the alcoves were extremely stuffy and too short for normal adults.

If it had been just two of us for $275/night I wouldn't feel so bad, but at $25/night for each additional person (there were 6 of us) and additional fees, we paid almost $600/night. At this cost I expected a much, much nicer accommodation.

Sleep Afloat was good enough to refund $100, but they should revisit their pricing policy, and spruce the place up.

4 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 2 of 5 bubbles How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 bubbles How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 2 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property
3 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 3 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 2 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
4 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: the deck in the evening
Liked least: main room, beds, LR furniture
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Check-in / front desk 4 of 5 bubbles Service
Zillabreeze
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful
2 of 5 bubbles Value 2 of 5 bubbles Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Location 1 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
3 of 5 bubbles Check-in / front desk 2 of 5 bubbles Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing