“Great Boston Hotel”

Residence Inn Boston Downtown/Seaport
Ranked #18 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This Residence Inn is a great choice. Abundant exposed brick give the hotel character and a unique atmosphere. The lobby area is very spacious with ample seating for breakfast and a modest bar. The rooms are new, clean and provide plenty of space. Staff is friendly and efficient. You really can't make a better choice in the area and the price is very reasonable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank bob1015

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed at the Residence Inn in early January 2014. This brand new hotel is absolutely gorgeous. The design and decoration were unlike any Residence Inn I have ever visited. A perfect balance between classic and modern. Beds were very comfortable of course and the room was gigantic. I enjoyed the big walk-in shower; so much more conveniant than a bath, and the sink and mirror are outside of the toilet so I could take a shower without fogging uo the mirror while my girlfriend was putting on her make up.

The staff was very helpful and the parking at $29 is a pretty good deal to be downtown Boston, and they let us leave our car until 5 pm after check-out so we could spend the day in the city without paying another day of parking.

Overall, it was a great stay and I only have good things to say about this property!

Room Tip: Don't forget breakfast is included in all Residence Inn hotels!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank youngmtl514
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My wife and I stayed for a evening to attend the motorcycle show. The location was perfect we walked to the convention center and the staff was outstanding. The young women who checked us in was so polite and professional. I am sorry I don't remember her name. The room was so clean, we enjoyed a nice drink at the bar. Everything was great we would defiantly stay again when visiting the city.

Room Tip: Great place
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank capeguy35
Reviewed 12 January 2014

If you're in Boston for business or on a family trip then this is a great location to stay in. Easy parking in nearby lots, and the Children's Museum and Boston Tea Party are 2 blocks away.

I really love the room layout; there's a separate living room from the bedroom area (both areas have a flat-screen TV), so it would be easy for a small family to share the room. An extended stay would be convenient here since there is a full kitchen stocked with all the dishes and silverware. The rooms were super clean, and the bathroom has a beautiful fancy looking shower. The bathroom sink is located outside the toilet/shower area so this is convenient.

There is continental breakfast included in the rate which was actually quite fantastic (eggs, potato hash, yogurts, fruit, waffle station, cereal, fruit salad, juices, coffee with to-go cups, etc).

Unfortunately the beds are the worst (and feels like the cheapest) quality I have ever slept on. My college $300 mattress gave more support than these beds. I tried to sleep on the couch and while that never gives you a great night's rest, it was better than sinking into the mattress which felt like an obese person because it was so lumpy and soft. I suggest the hotel invest in sturdier mattresses, as I stayed with a few different couples and over half of us were very uncomfortable.

The decor is modern and sleek and everything is super clean. I love how they mixed in the refurbished structure's architecture by keeping the old Boston factory/warehouse wooden beams that you'll see in the ceilings. Overall this can be a stellar place to stay, I just hope they get new beds for our backs' sake.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank pandashmanda
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I did love the location, service and decor. The staff were friendly and helpful, but we (including my kids) were woken up each night from 3 am to 4 am by the garbage and other assorted trucks outside out window. I asked about it and was told "well you are in the city….". So we have been back to Boston since that trip but we didn't stay here, and we didn't hear garbage truck….So bring ear plugs - which I unfortunately couldn't get my 6 year old to wear….

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Joanne O
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I've stayed at this hotel every week I have traveled to Boston (7 times in the last 2 months). There are a few negatives but overall it's been a very positive experience.
Negatives: I easily heard the person in the room next to me multiple nights in a row on one of my stays. It's equally distant from two red line stops, so while they're only 9 minutes away, it's a cold walk in winter. Every room I've been in has street and airport noise, though it's never been loud enough to keep me awake.

Positives: Very recently renovated and in great condition. The staff is very friendly and after only a few stays remembered me and continued conversations from previous visits. Beds are comfortable with a good mix of foam and feather pillows in every room. It is close to downtown and right near a silver line stop so I don't need to rent a car or take cabs. The fitness room is typical but generally there's at most one other person in it. Their evening "socials" or dinners are good enough that for a day or two it's reasonable to eat just the food provided.

I plan to continue staying here for the upcoming months. For the silverline, use google maps directions and go up the "Children's Museum" stairs to get to the closest exit at the street.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin G
Reviewed 2 January 2014

A relatively new Residence Inn located near several of Boston's historic sites and the city's financial district, the hotel is perfect for families looking to explore a great city or business people in Boston who are looking for a roomy place where they're not confined to a single room for an extended period.

Our room consisted of a very comfortable, large living room area with a kitchenette and a separate large corner bedroom. The hotel provides breakfast with a nice selection of hot and cold items and the coffee was unexpectedly good. The Children's Museum, the Tea Party Museum (a high point), Fanueil Hall and Quincy Market are all within walking distance. The facility is fairly new and, having once been a factory, has a unique design featuring brick walls and high, wood-beamed ceilings.

The staff was uniformly pleasant and helpful, and went out of their way to assist us, from check in through our entire stay. On our way to a restaurant, I wasn't sure about the printed directions I had and one of the desk staff actually walked me outside so she could show me where the correct street was located.

Comfortable accommodations, and great service add up to a strong recommedation.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are particularly spacious.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family