“Beautiful building, Wonderful staff!”

Residence Inn Boston Downtown/Seaport
Ranked #23 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rhinebeck, New York
“Beautiful building, Wonderful staff!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We spent a night here (2/8/14) to visit with our daughter who attends college in the Boston area. The buliding was recently done, I believe the staff said June 2013, and it is beautiful. The lobby is large, but decorated and appointed so that it feels like many comfortable conversation areas. Our room (225) was extremely clean, large, well decorated and equipped. There were 4 of us and there was PLENTY of room. Well stocked kitchen, 2 large tv's, comfortable furniture, and did I mention CLEAN! Spotless was more accurate! The staff was very professional. From check in, to advice on area restaurants and attractions, each staff member went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. A request for extra towels was filled immediately, the very sweet and pleasant lobby bartender kept our drinks filled and the conversation fun while we waited 2 hrs for a restaurant reservation a few blocks away. I would return here again and again. Each and every guest we met was friendly and happy. A good indication that they were also enjoying their stay!!

Room Tip: A King suite is very spacious, even for 4 travelers
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lpfetzer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Turkish first
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed in a king room with a kitchen. It had full windows on 2 walls. The room was very nice. The hotel was a redesigned industrial building. It was redone very good. The staff was helpful with requests and questions. Price was good for Boston.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Michael E
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Great night celebrating my girlfriend's birthday at this hotel. We spend a couple nights a year in Boston and we've found our new go to!

Great service, awesome room (#626), and really cool common areas. Not the cheapest around but worth it... Check it out!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joshua P
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 January 2014

First, the hotel is a very cool redesigned industrial space with nice lighting accents. The rooms are large, spacious and comfortable with appropriate furniture for the space. I have stayed at hotels where the room may be large but the furniture is small and out of place making the room looked slapped together. My room didn't have a bathtub but I was more than fine with that as the shower warm, powerful and relaxing. Just the thing you need to wake up in the morning. They do a fantastic job with breakfast! The hotel staff was all happy and very very helpful to aid my crew and me during our stay. I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub make sure to ask for a room that has one. I personally don't care if I ha...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lucius377
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed here for a work trip right when they opened and could not have been more pleased. The building itself is beautifully and uniquely decorated. The rooms are spacious, with rotating TVs that can face your bed or the sitting area. There is also a full kitchenette.
The location could not be better. It is a five minute walk to the convention center, with tons of restaurants close by and a nice grocery store right across the street. It is only a few miles from Little Italy as well. The gym is also very nice with several treadmills and weights. I was the only person down there every time I went. The complimentary breakfast and dinners were so convenient in such an expensive city.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jackie B
NJ
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This Residence Inn is a great choice. Abundant exposed brick give the hotel character and a unique atmosphere. The lobby area is very spacious with ample seating for breakfast and a modest bar. The rooms are new, clean and provide plenty of space. Staff is friendly and efficient. You really can't make a better choice in the area and the price is very reasonable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank bob1015
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed at the Residence Inn in early January 2014. This brand new hotel is absolutely gorgeous. The design and decoration were unlike any Residence Inn I have ever visited. A perfect balance between classic and modern. Beds were very comfortable of course and the room was gigantic. I enjoyed the big walk-in shower; so much more conveniant than a bath, and the sink and mirror are outside of the toilet so I could take a shower without fogging uo the mirror while my girlfriend was putting on her make up.

The staff was very helpful and the parking at $29 is a pretty good deal to be downtown Boston, and they let us leave our car until 5 pm after check-out so we could spend the day in the city without paying another day of parking.

Overall, it was a great stay and I only have good things to say about this property!

Room Tip: Don't forget breakfast is included in all Residence Inn hotels!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple