“Nice new hotel in a cool Seaport location”

Residence Inn Boston Downtown/Seaport
Ranked #23 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 February 2014

A new hotel in a great location in the middle of the Seaport area w/ great access to nearby restaurants and other nightlife options. Hotel is in a refurbished older building and has an pleasant blend of contemporary layout with character of an unusual space. Rooms were spacious with good amenities. I found staff to be pleasant even though I was visiting during a snowstorm. Only complaint is that its a little pricey; definitely paying for location. Overall, perfect if you want to stay away from the Weston and other larger and busier hotels nearby.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank William W

Reviewed 15 February 2014

My Husband and I stayed here this weekend and were very impressed with the hotel. Very clean and modern. Room was beautiful (406). There is no view from this room. There are a couple of windows but I'm too short to even see out them. No matter though. If we wanted to see outside, we went outside. Bed was very comfortable, shower was clean and beautiful, kitchen area well stocked. 2 wide screen televisions. Quiet night. Slept well. Free WiFi - business center has computers and printer you can use for free. Included buffet breakfast was excellent. It had a very good selection of food to meet your tastes. Front desk suggested Row 34 to eat. We couldn't get reservations because it was Valentines Day. However, we went early and got right in. The fresh fish was so, so good! Would definitely eat there again! It's right across the street from the hotel about 2 buildings down. Great seeing we're in the middle of yet another snow storm and we won't have to walk far or drive anywhere. I'm sure there is more but you get the point. We loved the place and would stay here again. I'm sure this place is wonderful in the summer!

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a view - so if you're looking for a view be sure to ask
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TerraceSnob
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We spent a night here (2/8/14) to visit with our daughter who attends college in the Boston area. The buliding was recently done, I believe the staff said June 2013, and it is beautiful. The lobby is large, but decorated and appointed so that it feels like many comfortable conversation areas. Our room (225) was extremely clean, large, well decorated and equipped. There were 4 of us and there was PLENTY of room. Well stocked kitchen, 2 large tv's, comfortable furniture, and did I mention CLEAN! Spotless was more accurate! The staff was very professional. From check in, to advice on area restaurants and attractions, each staff member went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. A request for extra towels was filled immediately, the very sweet and pleasant lobby bartender kept our drinks filled and the conversation fun while we waited 2 hrs for a restaurant reservation a few blocks away. I would return here again and again. Each and every guest we met was friendly and happy. A good indication that they were also enjoying their stay!!

Room Tip: A King suite is very spacious, even for 4 travelers
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lpfetzer
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed in a king room with a kitchen. It had full windows on 2 walls. The room was very nice. The hotel was a redesigned industrial building. It was redone very good. The staff was helpful with requests and questions. Price was good for Boston.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Michael E
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Great night celebrating my girlfriend's birthday at this hotel. We spend a couple nights a year in Boston and we've found our new go to!

Great service, awesome room (#626), and really cool common areas. Not the cheapest around but worth it... Check it out!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joshua P
Reviewed 28 January 2014

First, the hotel is a very cool redesigned industrial space with nice lighting accents. The rooms are large, spacious and comfortable with appropriate furniture for the space. I have stayed at hotels where the room may be large but the furniture is small and out of place making the room looked slapped together. My room didn't have a bathtub but I was more than fine with that as the shower warm, powerful and relaxing. Just the thing you need to wake up in the morning. They do a fantastic job with breakfast! The hotel staff was all happy and very very helpful to aid my crew and me during our stay. I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub make sure to ask for a room that has one. I personally don't care if I ha...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lucius377
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed here for a work trip right when they opened and could not have been more pleased. The building itself is beautifully and uniquely decorated. The rooms are spacious, with rotating TVs that can face your bed or the sitting area. There is also a full kitchenette.
The location could not be better. It is a five minute walk to the convention center, with tons of restaurants close by and a nice grocery store right across the street. It is only a few miles from Little Italy as well. The gym is also very nice with several treadmills and weights. I was the only person down there every time I went. The complimentary breakfast and dinners were so convenient in such an expensive city.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business