“Good sized room, unique interior, very clean” 5 of 5 bubbles

Residence Inn Boston Downtown/Seaport
Ranked #22 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Olympic National Park, Washington
“Good sized room, unique interior, very clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Clean, up to date and unique hotel for a family. No rollaways are available and the pull out sofa is really small, so if you have more than 3 people will be limited in beds. However you can make it work. We enjoyed the hotel mainly due to the large rooms, the full kitchen and unique warehouse setting. Not really in a great location for sight seeing---but once again finding a large suite in Boston is a challenge. The only other hotel I would recommend is the custom house---which is awesome for a family/group. Another item to note, the parking is almost 1/2 the price of other Marriott's in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We only stayed for one night in this hotel, and it was a great surprise. The photos from the Marriott website are accurate, and show off what the hotel pulled off in renovating this building. The place very well could have been a part of Marriott's Autograph collection, which seems to be comprised of the chain's more high end boutique hotels.
The rooms were large, with high ceilings and well equipped full modern kitchens. The beds were comfortable and we got a great night's sleep. The staff was friendly and helpful.
The only downsides are the cost of parking (just under $40) and that the breakfast is below average. This was the only time that the fact that this is not one of the full service hotels really is apparent.
Overall, fantastic hotel with great people. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: If you will be staying on the top floor and will be using the pull out couch, make sure to ask for a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
1 Thank 7691
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Fabulous hotel, staff and grounds. Rooms are extra spacious and provided enough privacy for my husband and I to relax while our young children slept. Free breakfast was a hit with the kids. We were pleased when management allowed us to stay parked in the garage for a few extra hours after checkout w/no extra charges. Will recommend this gem to all of my family and friends!!!

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Natalie B
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel obviously catches the eye with the unusual (for Residence Inn) style solutions - in your rooms you will have ceilings made of the large exposed square wooden logs with some (again exposed) piping running around etc. Don't remember what was unusual about the bathroom style but something definitely was. Outside of the style though it's a typical in-town Residence Inn - quite comfortable, free internet/free breakfast, spacious rooms, good value for money etc.

Green Features: Not aware of any - if there were any the hotel should do a better job advertising them.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Denis L
Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

If I were returning to Boston, this would be my first choice. Great hotel, great service, free breakfast, friendly staff. The rooms are large and fully furnished. The rooms were quiet. The design of the hotel was also very impressive. We stayed here before we went on a cruise and the location was great. There was also free public transportation from the airport to the bus stop which was right beside the hotel and took no more than 10 minutes. It's also a short walk into downtown. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
3 Thank usmboyzzz
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I loved everything about this hotel except for the fact that I was staying there on business travel and this particular hotel uses an Internet provider that is completely blocked if you are a using a Federal Government issued laptop. I spent hours working with Marriott's technical support and also my office's technical support and not only could I not log into my work network, the wireless was blocked completely (Federal government computers are not allowed past the Marriott screen where you enter you hotel. The site that verifies the "certificate" to get beyond that point is blocked by all Federal computers......so I not only could I not log into my work network during a week long trip, but I couldn't even access the internet for personal reasons." For this reason, I would not stay at this hotel again. I stay at many Marriotts, and using my Federal Government computer is never a problem at a Marriott. I leared that Marriotts use different internet providers, and this Residence Inn one doesn't work! A few times, I walked down the street to another Marriott, where I had no issues using the internet on my work laptop. I am surprised that given the number of Federal governent travelers that stay at Marriotts they don't fix this problem at the Residence Inn! Despite my Internet problems, I had a nice stay, and I did love the hotel. I would come back with my family, but never again for work. A few times, I walked down the street to another Marriott, where the Internet on my work computer worked just fine.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the main street can be very noisy at night (loud live music from a local restauran...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Traveler7858
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This Residence Inn has a really modern design/great renovation, but in a former industrial building where the best features (exposed brick and beams) were kept and integrated in an excellent fashion. It is unique and fun, more like a boutique but with the consistency you want from a known chain. The room was large (I had a 1 bdrm suite) with large windows and lots of natural light. Bed was comfortable, shower was great, and there are modern features and furnishings that make both working and relaxing easy. Beyond the room, it was extremely quiet at night for sleeping, the breakfast is great with a wide variety and the evening social meals were good as well. I can't say enough about the staff and the service. This is the friendliest and most professional and welcoming group that I have encountered in a while. I am a Gold member and strongly recommend this property for your stay in Boston. You are near the water t party and children's museum, a short walk to downtown, Fanueil Hall, the North End and Quincy market, right near south station to hop the t anywhere else, and the fort point area also has a lot of art galleries and new restaurants. The room was perfectly clean as well. Highly recommended!!

Stayed July 2014