Classic Harbor Line Boston MA Day Tours
Boston Sunset Cruise
US$47.00*
Cocoa and Carols Holiday Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Dedicated to providing the most luxurious and hospitable sailing experience in Boston, we here at Classic Harbor Line are looking forward to the privilege of escorting you on a breathtaking excursion aboard the most elegant sailing vessel in Boston Harbor: Schooner Adirondack III and yacht Northern Lights. Boston’s rich maritime history is best viewed from the water, so why not do it in style?
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This trip was only OK. We did the Day Sail on the Schooner Adirondack III and it could have and should have been better. The crew was nice enough, but did not point things out as expected. But the worst part of the trip was not ever leaving the inner harbar. The trip was supposed to get into the Harbor Islands (e.g. Long Island with the Long Island Head Light House), but never did. We just went back and forth in the inner harbor. Disappointing.

1  Thank SNJ-Traveler
CHL745, Manager at Classic Harbor Line Boston MA Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear that your sailing excursion aboard our vessel did not meet your expectations. We do promise that our Day Sail trips will sail in the vicinity of Long Island (Long Island Head Light), which is just one on the very many Harbor Islands. We don't exactly get out into the vast majority of the harbor Islands on our Day Sail. The only trip that promises the Harbor Islands is our Boston Harbor Island Picnic Sail. The Picnic Sail sees the vast majority of the islands from the boat, some at varying distances. It is true that some of our Day Sails can get pretty far our into the islands, wind dependent.

If you are interested in Picnic Sail where you will see many of the Harbor Islands, please feel free to contact me at susan@classicharborline.com

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had a GREAT time on the 3 hour tour (Not on the Minnow). It was a perfect day for a sail on the schooner Adirondack III and the Captain was terrific and full of information about the Boston Harbor. The crew was excellent manning the sailing duties while still catering to the passengers. OK, the picnic was a box lunch but the turkey sandwich I had was very tasty and all the extras like an apple were quite good. We highly recommend this excursion and I'm sure we will go back. The only problem we had was finding where to check in. 60 Rowes Wharf was difficult to find but if you enter the big archway at the Boston Harbor Hotel and walk to the dock on the right side you will see the ferry office.

2  Thank Dave M

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the really great review about your picnic sail with us! I know that the boxed lunch can sometimes sounds like school, but we are also really pleased with the quality of lunches provided to us by our caterer.

I agree, finding us can be a little tough, as there are no cross streets to pin point us. Thank you for sharing your experience on how you found us, as that will greatly help others.

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I found the tour to be a rather nice break from the hectic pace of downtown Boston. It's not often that you get a chance to sail in the harbor on a tall ship. I'd certainly suggest that you try this one.

The team was great. They provided a wealth of knowledge about the history of Boston, it's buildings and the people.

The trip lasted two hours which was plenty of time to relax and enjoy the views. It also made for some decent picture taking of the city scape.

1  Thank venceman

Hi,

Thank you for the review. I am happy to hear that you found the trip to be relaxing! The sail does provided an interesting perspective on the city; when you're allowed to look at it from a distance. I've always admired the same thing about our sail.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I did the sunset sail that we jokingly refer to as the sunset float because there was no wind to sail. Although we enjoyed the romantic sunset and the blankets provided, there are only enough actual seats for about 12 people by the captain and the rest have to sit on the cabin roof where the sails are. There is no where to lean up against so after 2 hours your back is a bit kinked, but worst of all is that you could not hear what the captain was saying/explaining. I gave it a average rating because that is what is was for me. I live on long Island and have been on many boats and seen many sunsets, this could have been better if we were sitting comfortably close to the captain.

2  Thank Francine C

Hi Francine,

Thank you for the review. I do wish that there was comfortable backed seating on all areas of the vessel and I'm stunned to hear that the crew did not come around and share information with you as the captain shares information and generally they do. Our crew are just as knowledgeable as the captain and are happy to share local lore with our passengers as well.

In the future, if you are an elderly couple and have back problems, I recommend arriving early, checking in at our ticket counter (in the ferry terminal), and letting us know that you may require assistance. This way we may be able to board you earlier so that you may sit in the cockpit with backed seating.

Francine, thank you for the review. If you are interested in sailing with us again and obtaining seats closer to the captain please feel free to email me at susan@classicharborline.com.

Classic Harbor LIne

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We decided last minute to take this cruise and I'm so happy we did! We had limited time in Boston and this was a relaxing and fun way to see the city. The crew could not have been nicer. Very knowledgable on the history of Boston but I liked the fact that none of them lectured. Drinks were always being offered and I loved the fact that blankets were available for those of us who were a bit chilly. I can whole heartedly recommend this experience to all age groups!

4  Thank Bonnie M

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for the fantastic review! Your review states exactly how we want our guests to feel aboard the vessel. We certainly do not want our guests to feel lectured to, but we love sharing the Boston Harbor history to those interested. Thank you again!