“Nice Hotel Near Fenway”

Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
Ranked #11 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed at this property for 3 nights while attending a convention/conference at the Hymes Center. All the hotels in the convention block were sold out and I have to use the Govt. rate which was available here. The hotel was an easy ride to Hymes, about $8 one way.
The staff was friendly and professional. The room was clean and comfortable with the exception of the sofa bed in the living room (I had a king suite). Most sofa beds are not the most comfortable thing to sit on. Each room had a nice size flat screen TV, too bad there was not a DVD player in at least one of the rooms.

The breakfast was enough to get one going in the morning, the room had a full kitchen although I only used the coffee maker. I stayed on the 8th floor and did not hear any noise from any other room or from outside. The health club had nice cardio equipment and was on my floor so that made it easy to access.

All in all, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
ResidenceInnFenway, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Whether you are visiting the Residence Inn Boston Back Bay - Fenway for business or pleasure, we offer many amenities for guests to enjoy. Thank you for sharing your positive impressions of our property. We’re very pleased to learn that you found our rooms comfortable and our staff to be friendly as well as professional. The next time you are visiting the area we hope that you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We went back to the the Residence Inn last weekend for a birthday trip/celebration. We had stayed there in July just after it opened, and were very happy with the room and service so this was our first choice hotel for our trip.

The hotel and staff are still first-rate! We had a great queen suite on 6. Very comfortable, immaculately clean, and still looking brand new. Housekeeping does an great job. Another plus, we did not hear the bar crowd leaving the Yard House or Bar Louie, even tho we were on the Brookline Street side.

The staff is still warm and friendly - we would like to particularly mention Dottie on the front desk and Roger the manager, who seems to always be on duty. Both are great Marriott ambassadors, always happy to help and very accomodating to guests.

The breakfast buffet is varied, and the staff keeps it well stocked. Even tho "Frozen Fenway" events had the hotel pretty full, we had good luck with breakfast seating and a nice selection of food. Bar Louie next door was new since our last visit, stays open late and had a nice vibe. We would like to come back in the spring and enjoy the roof top lounge. You can walk to most destinations easily, but cabs are easy to get right on Brookline Street.

Since this hotel is very well located for events at Fenway, colleges, museums, etc, book early. We would have come back before this had we been able to get a reservation! Definitely our favorite Boston hotel!

Room Tip: Suites are in the corners, and good sized. If you are there during baseball season and are senisitiv...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

We are always happy to hear from our return guests and truly appreciate that you chose to stay with us again. Your glowing praise for our staff and hotel is greatly appreciated, thank you. It was a true pleasure to have you here for your birthday celebration trip and it is an honor for us to learn that the Residence Inn Boston Back Bay – Fenway is your favorite Boston hotel. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

There was a snowstorm in Boston from Jan 2-3. I work at a local teaching hospital. I called the Residence Inn for a room to avoid a 3 hour drive home and back for my shift the next morning. I was given a great room and there was a manager's reception that night with a free buffet. I sat in the pool area (warm and tropical) and watched it snow. The front desk people couldn't have been any nicer (thanks Kyle)! I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
ResidenceInnFenway, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Boston Back Bay – Fenway. We are delighted that you chose to stay spend the night with us rather than take the possible dangerous commute home during the storm. Your kind remarks are truly appreciated and we are so glad you enjoyed watching the snow from our warm and cozy location. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I rented out the outdoor terrace space for my 30th birthday celebration and it was a perfect location for a cocktail party. The events staff was extremely attentive and great to work with during the entire planning process and they went above and beyond to make it a special evening for my guests and I. Greta Skinner was my events planner and she could not have been more helpful and friendly! She even added special surprises to my party including a signature drink in my honor as well as flower arrangements that were completely unexpected! It was such a fun and memorable evening and I highly recommend the space and events staff to anyone looking to host a private event.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Happy 30th birthday! We were so happy to hear that your celebration at the Residence Inn Boston Back Bay – Fenway was enjoyed by all. Our rooftop deck with its picturesque views of the city is the perfect place for a cocktail party or special event. Thank you for your recommendations and praise for our hotel and staff. We are thrilled you had such a great time. Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have not been to Boston in years and was excited when I read about this brand new hotel. The hotel is beautiful, although it could use more signage. I almost drove by it. The staff is super nice and the rooms are well put together. So why am I calling it average? A few reasons - for a hotel open only since July, there were quite a few "dings and dents" (cracked dry wall, chipped furniture, etc.) in the room. Did no one notice? Also for a newer property, there was not one USB charger in the room. Even the low end properties have these. Since I am a Marriott Rewards member I got a 7th floor room. Well, until @10pm I heard the treadmills pounding above me - at least I hope it was treadmills. The part of the trip that really upset me, however, was the food service. I stay at lots of Residence Inns and they are know for having coffee available 24/7 and breakfast in the AM. Sometimes there was coffee and sometimes there was not. I left for appointments each AM at 6 and breakfast was not yet available. Never seen this before.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay but will probably choose another Boston area hotel for my next trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Scott S

Although you have shared your praise for our staff and the aesthetics of our rooms, it is disappointing to learn that your recent experience at our hotel did not fully impress you. Customer satisfaction is our ultimate goal and we will share your feedback with the team so we can continue to improve the experience for future guests. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

We loved the free hot breakfast! The service of all was excellent. This is a new property near Fenway. The bed was a bit too firm for my liking, but overall a great family friendly place to stay. We stayed over New Years and took advantage of Boston's First Night activities.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank kd_wvu

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and ring in the New Year! We’re delighted that you had the chance to attend the First Night® Boston celebration. The event is a fantastic way for the entire family to spend time together during the last few hours of the year. Thank you for sharing your lovely review. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Excellent stay, clean room, professional staff, all around an excellent place to stay for the Frozen Fenway this past Saturday. Highly recommend the Residence by Marriott if going to a ball game at Fenway Park, its a 2 minute walk away and plenty of places to eat and drik in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Roy K

Your review and recommendation are greatly appreciated. We’re so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Residence Inn Boston Back Bay – Fenway is just steps away from Fenway Park where each January the Hockey East schools play at Frozen Fenway! Please come back and see us again soon.