“Just right dessert” 4 of 5 bubbles

Neighbourhood: Back Bay
CT
“Just right dessert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Delicious cupcakes and friendly staff. Nice to walk around after dinner and stop in here for coffee and dessert!

Visited July 2014

Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dry and not impressed ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I love cupcakes. We were excited to go to Sweet Cupcakes. However, both my husband and I were VERY DISAPPOINTED.
The cappuccino cupcake was very dry and the icing was different - not a buttercream at all - and too sweet. I actually threw most of it away, and I never throw out cupcakes.
My husband's lemon/blueberry cupcake was better but also dry. We were not impressed. We don't recommend and I would not go back.
The cashier was very nice and helpful. We just didn't like the cupcakes.

New Jersey
“Just okay..but stilly really,really good. ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I had a Peep cupcake. The icing was great but the stump was so-so. I feel it had a funky flavor...? As odd as it sounds my cupcake stump tasted like water(if that makes sense)? My friends said their cupcakes were fine, when they tasted mine they agreed it had and odd flavor.

VT
“Dessert so good, we went back for more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Shopped on Newbury St and wanted to grab dessert for after dinner. Family and I picked up various cupcakes, which we all enjoyed later in the evening. Good flavor and balance of cake and icing. The selection was limited later in the day, which should be expected. We went back the next day earlier in the afternoon and the selection was much greater. If you like chocolate, I would recommend the dark chocolate cake with chocolate icing.

Visited March 2014
Boston, MA
“Cupcakes were dry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The cupcakes looked great and the presentation was great; but I brought them to a friend's for a dinner party and thought they were very dry.

Visited November 2013