“Amazing Chicken!”

BonChon Boston
Ranked #643 of 3,391 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Reviewed 16 October 2012

My friend took me here tonight, and I'm still licking my lips. We ordered a tempura app then an order of mixed drumsticks and wings in the soy garlic sauce. The skin is so crispy it's unbelievable! I've never eaten so much fried chicken in one sitting, but I couldn't stop. If you love fried chicken, try this out. It is unbelievable.

Service was fine for us. Not attentive, but left us to devour our food. Not a lot of people for a Tuesday night - but that's good for us.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

The chicken was delicious as always. We get the boneless thingies, which are not quite as juicy, but far less work. Both the soy and hot sauce ones have great flavor, but the hot ones tend to build heat in your mouth as you eat them, which I find somewhat unpleasant. The Bulgogi stew is just incredible. And the pickled turnip (I think it's turnip) is just a great thing to end a meal with.

Unfortunately, the service was just atrocious this time. I was in a larger party, and I wonder if she didn't care about us because she knew she was getting an 18% tip regardless. Shame shame. Drinks didn't get refilled, they forgot some of the meal and we couldn't get her attention for almost half an hour to get that corrected. The only thing that was prompt was the bill.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

We ate here today and all I can say is YUM! We ordered the shrimp shumai, yellowtail tartare, chicken fried rice, and of course the famous chicken wings both flavors. The fried rice was absolutely delicious!! Real fresh homemade fried rice with lots of veggies and a slight kick of spice. I would honestly fight tons of traffic to get over there just for the fried rice. The chicken wings were crispy and perfectly cooked with the right amount of sauce.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I was REALLY looking forward to finally having the famous Bon Chon fried chicken and finally got there for lunch one day. Not very busy, nice big table and super pleasant waitperson. Ordered a combo of wings and legs. Got the soy based sauce along with fries.
Somehow it seemed like the chicken had been siting for a while. It was crispy, yes, and nice big portion along with fries. That turned out to be a bit of overkill on the fried food front.
I just wanted it to be better than it was. Maybe I'll try again - everything else was fine including the very cheerful service. Turns out that KFC original recipe and Popeye's spicy still are battling for 1st place in my fried chicken contest, and I wanted so much for plucky Bon Chon to knock 'em out of competition.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

If you are hungry for some chicken wings with an asian twist, try the Bon Chon chicken prepared in 2 ways.