“Awesome food, unusually good service...”
Review of BonChon Boston

BonChon Boston
Ranked #723 of 3,243 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Ithaca, New York
“Awesome food, unusually good service...”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

On a recent business visit to the area, my colleague suggested we try Bon Chon for lunch. We both ordered the lunch special of chicken wings, the wings were cooked perfectly with great flavor. Our waitress was also very attentive, refilling drinks and asking us if we needed anything during our meal. For those of you who eat at Korean restaurants frequently, you know that "service" by American standards is typically pretty horrible.

Since I didn't have anything planned for dinner that evening, i figured I would get a take out order at lunch and warm it up for dinner. I ordered the Bull Dak, this dish is not for everyone. Although It made it to my personal list of top 10 things I've ever eaten, it also made it to the top of the list for spiciest dishes I have ever eaten.

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Takeout dinner”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

My husband and I stopped in BonChon after a night of drinking with friends. We ordered a small combo of wings and drumsticks and a side of fries. Realized the price is a bit high given what you get, but the food is still amazing. When we got the food home the chicken is just as delicious as I remember having eaten in the restaurant, but the fries were a bit soggy. Still in love with this place though - best chicken in Boston area.

• Visited March 2013
Albany, New York
“Used to be awesome, it's pretty good now”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

When Bon Chon first opened, we used to go several times a month and it was so good. Chicken took a while so we'd wait about 30-45 minutes for it but it was so hot and crunchy! Always order the Nabeyaki Udon which is pretty good and some sushi rolls. Went a few days ago and was really disappointed with the chicken. It came out really fast and it was cold (as expected with food that comes out too fast..). The udon was the same, pretty good. The sushi was ok - not as fresh as it used to be...so overall, it was still a good food experience but compared to what it used to offer, it was a disappointment.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Sarah J
“Interesting”
Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

Let me say that it might be easier to get hit by lighting than to find a parking spot. However the chicken was every bit as good as advertised . The server was very attentive to our needs. As for the atmosphere if your not into rap music you might not enjoy the experience. I am sure they cater to their younger customer base but I didn't enjoy it.

Boston
“Bad service and long waiting time”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

With planning ahead, we stopped by on Sat at around 7:45pm. The girl who took my name told me that it would take about 50 mins before we can get a table. We put our name down. We decided to order take out hoping it would be easier and faster to bring the food home to eat. The guy who took our order told me that it would take approximately 20 mins for our order. We placed the order. After 30 mins, our order was still no filled yet so I went up and asked him to check on the status of our order. He immediately gave me a very bad attitude saying that a 20-30 mins wait is very common. I pointed out that he told us it would take 20 mins only and asked him again if he could check the status. He said he doesn't check on any orders and the order came to him from the kitchen. He even asked angrily if we want to cancel our order. As a customer, I believe I deserve a little better service. If you truly think that it would take 30 mins, just let me know when I place the order. This will give us a chance to decide if we want to wait that long. It makes it even worse when the guy gave us such a very bad attitude and mean response when we asked him to check on the food. Although I like their chicken, I would rather eat somewhere else that would treat their customers nicely.

• Visited November 2012