“We had a blast!!!!”

Ye Olde Tavern Tours
Ranked #7 of 43 Food & Drink in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 2013, Ye Olde Tavern Tours has been offering the best way to learn Boston's history because you drink beer while doing it! On this historic tavern tour, you'll walk along the Freedom Trail to see and learn about ten historic sites related to the American Revolution and grab a beer at some of the nation's oldest taverns. Founded by a PhD in American history, you'll hear about and immerse yourself in Boston's drunken and revolutionary past. Our tours are the best way to walk the Freedom Trail and enjoy the rich history of Boston! Huzzah!
Hartford, Connecticut
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“We had a blast!!!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This tour was so much fun and super educational. It is worth mentioning that our tour guide (and owner of the company) Brooke is a PHD in history and man, does she know her stuff. She does a great job of presenting it in an engaging and entertaining way. This tour is in no way cheesey, something we try to avoid. The group was small and everyone was very very nice. I would highly recommend this tour - and thats saying alot coming from someone who lives right here in MA and has seen many a tour :)

Visited July 2014

Atlanta, Georgia, USA
3 attraction reviews
“Informative and fun!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We wanted to learn some Boston history and have fun at the same time. This tour did just that! Our guide was very informed and eager to share her knowledge of history. The taverns were welcomed stops and each had played a part in Boston's history. We so enjoyed walking a portion of the Freedom Trail, having a beer, and engaging fellow tourists. I would highly recommend this tour!

Visited June 2014
Lawrence, Kansas
“History and beer-what a great afternoon”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Bonnie is a fantastic tour guide. Her history background is amazing and she is engaging and friendly. We went on a rainy dreary day but still loved it. The tavern selections fit the history very well and the beer choices are excellent. She keeps the groups small so that everyone can hear. I rate this a 5+. CJK

Austin, Texas
“This is THE way to see the Freedom Trail!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

A group of 7 of us came to Boston from Texas last weekend. We knew the Freedom Trail was a must-see, but I hoped we could avoid the over-crowded tours offered by the Foundation. After doing some searches for pub tours, I came across Ye Olde Tavern Tours. Brooke was extremely responsive when I initially contacted her, and the tour itself was fantastic. She keeps her group sizes small; she's extremely engaging; we hit all the main spots along the Freedom Trail; her stories were interesting and insightful; and, of course, you stop for beers along the way. I cannot recommend this enough. We had a ton of fun. Thanks, Brooke!

Los Angeles, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“History and Beer!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Brooke was the most knowledgeable tour guide I have ever had. She brought the 1760s alive! I actually learned details that are still with me. Any question we had, she was able to answer. She loves history and it shows. AND.....the beer was great!