“Great location-very dog friendly”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bunker Hill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #34 of 38 Boston B&B and Inns
Albany, New York
“Great location-very dog friendly”
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I brought my dog for the first time on a business trip and chose this B&B for location and pet friendliness. The owner was wonderful with my German Shepherd. She walked him during the day. Breakfast was good, the bed was great. I understand people's complaints, but the place is clean, good value, and friendly. No reason to stay away, and many reasons to try it.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 5 January 2011

At the end of the day, I would stay here again. The hostess is friendly, and well-meaning, just scatter-brained and probably not in the right career. For example, my bathroom had very clearly not been cleaned by the time I arrived (even though I arrived well after the check-in time, and had notified her a few days before about what time I would be arriving). It was so bad I had to clean it myself. Luckily she had left cleaning supplies sitting out (see what I mean about her being scatter-brained). My linens, however, were completely clean. The house had a somewhat funky smell because she has a cat, and she frequently burned scented candles to cover it up. The breakfast was literally pre-wrapped cereal bars; that's it. The tv didn't even have basic cable. Those are the worst things. On the positive side, my room was clean, and the hostess provided lots of information about the area. Wireless internet was included. The neighborhood is pretty good too--it's residential, in a safe, friendly, historic Boston suburb, only a 15-minute busride to Faneuil Hall (or a lovely 30-minute walk). The B&B always felt safe and didn't have infestations or anything terrible like that. The price was much cheaper than most Charlestown B&Bs. So, ultimately, I would stay there again, and if you're looking for something relatively cheap & convenient, and don't need anything better than motel quality, it is a decent place.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Sara42139
Hampshire
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Christianne starts from a different place to many bed and breakfasts. This is not a slick commercial operation. It is a small historic home in a fantastic location in Charlestown, just up the hill from the Bunker Hill Monument. The owner has furnished her home with an eclectic mixture of antiques and memorabilia, and offers two en suite rooms, a small breakfast area and use of her sitting room and deck. She took good care of us and although quite small our room, with a nautical theme was comfortable and we slept well. Compared with other prices we saw advertised in Boston we had good value, and returned happily after our sightseeing.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank astonman
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 September 2010

The proprietor met with a terrible stench and slurring while checking us in. The room smelled horrible. We were gagging. It smelled like sour milk, cheap wine and feet mixed. At first she tried to cover the problem. We walked to the local store to get three bottles of air freshener.

The breakfast provided was not even a snack. We were told that we could use the kitchen to make our own breakfast if the spoiled fruit provided was not enough, provided that we bought the groceries to make our own meal. cleaniness of sheets would provide enough light up under any csi lamp to be seen from the moon. There was enough hair in the drain to only assume that a dog had previously been shaved in the shower before our arrival. It was obvious that the innkeeper had better things to do then care about her guests. All during breakfast the phone was ringing and we could hear bill collectors leaving messages on the answering machine.

The proprietor herself was not bad, but my wife and I had never in our lives heard someone with such little education and poise go on about themselves for so long. There is nothing that you have done that this woman has not done better, faster and more times then you.

To call this a ‘fleabag’ B&B would be an unconscionable insult to both fleas and bags everywhere. In my 25 years of business travel, I have never experienced such a consistently, depressingly mediocre property.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
6 Thank rosenburgpeter

Travellers are raving about these Boston hotels

Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I chose this b & b because I was helping my daughter move into college and wanted a place close to Logan airport. The location was fantastic; just outide the city, but close to her college, and other visitor attractions such as the freedom trail that I wanted to check out while I was in town. The owner was extremely affable & hospitable, providing me with numerous activity & dining options for my daughter & I. I was really pleased with how pet friendly this place was, which saved me paying for someone to watch wrinkles while I visited boston. The food was very nice, a generous selection of fruit salad and sausages & eggs. This place has a lot of charm & character, and I really enjoyed all of the distinctive antiques.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
travelingaround1
Reviewed 30 September 2009

This B&B was great. The hostess was very helpful with telling myself and my wife what there was to do in the area. The breakfast was great, sheets and house clean, and it was overall a pleasant place. Great experience with only our second B&B stayed at. Better than the first, and we except to come back! Thank you so much to this B&B. It made our anniversary weekend wonderful!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelingaround1
NE
Reviewed 12 July 2009

Read old reviews that were negative and I need say any more. Nothing has changed from being asked to leave early, not leaving you to relax, to the breakfast, & clutter.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank arivard12
bunkerhillbandb, Owner at Bunker Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 November 2010
I bring a lot of passion to making my guests feel welcome, and take all concerns very seriously. I work with my customers, and had I been made aware while my guest was staying at Bunker Hill bed & breakfast that the checkout time he agreed to was an inconvenience, I certainly could have accomodated him. In any lodging experience, communication is key, and I am extremely receptive to customer's specific needs. I do my best to anticipate them, but in this instance, I didn't have the opportunity to assist this customer during his stay because he didn't mention any of his concerns at that time.
In addition, I keep my establishment extremely clean; the antiques from all over the world that I decorate every room with are a specific decor style that may not appeal to everyone but which are clearly advertised on my site. To refer to them as 'clutter' is a little misleading for those of us who love antiques & their appeal--although less-than-new, they are imbued with a sense of history and time past.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Charlestown
North End
Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront
Downtown
The Godfrey Hotel Boston

Been to Bunker Hill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!