August, 18th - 21st
Me and my family have already stayed at the hotel when it was still "The Bulfinch". This year we made the reservation through our travel agent when it was still under the same name and then were informed that the name and the company have changed so I was very curious and also a little insecure.
We have made a reservation for a certain room in advance as we know this room but I really did not expect to actually get the room because this is what happens to me all the time in Europe.
But to my suprise it was really reserved for us and we got the keys from the very friendly and helpful staff at the reception. Sadly - when we entered our room we had to find out that there was a misunderstanding with the cleaning personnel and so the room was not yet cleaned.
But instead of making us wait we got an upgrade to th upper floor! This room was wonderful! We had a stunning view and could see the golden dome of the Massachusetts State House right from our bed. The room was also a little bigger than the other one and had a second window. I especially appreciate the way the problem was handled!
It is true that the rooms are small but it is an old building and you do not stay much inside. However, they are finely renovated and the bathrooms are very clean and the shower spacious. I liked the king-size beds. As I normally often have problems with my back I know what I'm talking of... In the room are also a refrigerator, mini bar and a safe. There is a little desk and a coffee machine. You can also use the WLAN which is standard to most hotels I think.
We did not try dining or room service but when a light bulb was broken somebody exchanged it within no time.
Some things that could be improved - in my opinion - are:
- lighting in the bathroom (women usually like more light when getting ready)
- lighter paint on the walls as the windows are also small (but this would be against the color concept of the hotel)
- more lights in the "hall" of the rooms but I think this depends of what room you are in
- a big mirror to check yourself before going out :-)
- some kind of closet for more than three pieces of clothes
Nevertheless - for me - the position of the hotel, its cleanliness and the people working there are unbeatable.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your The Boxer Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boston Bulfinch Hotel