The Boxer is a lovely boutique hotel. There are more positives than there are issues, so I would definitely recommend staying here. I stayed four nights in all. The positives are:
1) Stylish decor. The renovations are fresh, hip, yet comfortable. The professional photos of the hotel are true to life.
2) Good location. It's very close to TD Gardens and close enough to the North End and Beacon Hill to walk.
3) Great front desk staff. Friendly, courteous, and happy to to help.
4) Housekeeping did an amazing job. Very clean.
The negatives are:
1) Very little soundproofing. I was in the handicap accessible room near the elevator. The elevators are quiet, but the other guests of the hotel can be clearly heard from inside the room. These guests weren't being rude. They were using their normal indoor voices. I woke up a few times a night from these conversations. When I mentioned the noise, the front desk offered to move me to another room. The room that they offered was much smaller with a postage sized bathroom. The noise wasn't so much of an issue as the hotel emptied during the week.
2) Room service. I ordered fries and the lobster mac and cheese. The fries didn't arrive with the sauces that were noted on the menu. There was plastic in my tepid mac and cheese. And they forgot the untilsils. As such, I wasn't impressed with the room service. They could try a bit harder in this arena.
If it weren't for those two things, I would have rated the hotel a 5 out of 5.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Boxer Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boston Bulfinch Hotel