“All Around Great!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Westerly, Rhode Island
“All Around Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

From the moment you walk in, the place smells beyond clean and looks so modern and stylish. The whole place is spotless and the staff was friendly and helpful (they were able to give us recommendations on where to eat, park, etc.) We had a Junior Suite with a king-sized bed and a pull-out couch and it fit the three of us (and all of our luggage!) well. The rooms aren't huge, but they're well-planned: the bathroom has a pocket door, the TV tilts so it's viewable from the bed or couch, there are two small tables put together instead of a larger coffee table so you have placement options. We had to call the front desk for an extra pillow and blanket and a staff member arrived at our door within minutes. Every staff member we passed acknowledged us and/or struck up a conversation. I loved the location, it's super close to the TD Garden and was just down the street from Fanueil Hall. I didn't use the valet parking, I parked around the corner in the garage recommended by the front desk and it was about $30 per day (or the valet will park it for $44 with in and out privileges, but there was no need since everything we wanted to see was within walking distance.) There was a Keurig coffee maker in the room, the elevator was always fast, and our corner room had plenty of windows to watch all of the traffic trying to leave TD Garden on the street below. If you're heading to TD Garden or doing touristy stuff, I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The Junior Suite we had was in a corner of this triangular building so there were lots of windows. T...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Vanessa V, General Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Cllnwlsh,

Your review is outstanding! Thank you for enjoying every aspect of our property and we are so pleased to hear that your experience was a great one! Our location is indeed prime in the city, walkable and central and we love that you enjoyed our in room amenities such as the coffee maker and our great use of space in an historical building.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Vanessa Vitale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Orange, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Fellow Travelers,

I recently had the need for a last minute business trip to a favorite city of mine, Boston, MA, Using Expedia I ended up choosing an unknown property ti me, namely the Boxer as my first choices were unavailable and this hotel, while new to me was in a perfect location, and, at least on the web looked like a "cool" boutique" hotel.

Anyway, I was quote pleased with my selection and would have given the Boxer a higher rating but minor nuances such as only one elevator and albeit a new refurbishment (clearly done on the cheap and already showing wear and tear) and the fact that the restaurant and bar within was closed during lunch hours make this (my opinion) a 3 star hotel at best.

That said the service was great and the hotel / room was clean and inviting ... so really no complaints.

Doddsy

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank steve d
Dear SteveD,

Thank you for your review! I appreciate your comments and feedback regarding the amenities of the Hotel and certainly hope you enjoyed the impeccable service we provide at the Boxer.1

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel rooms are beautiful and very comfortable but the service at check in and so on was ok and at points frustrating. Everyone was very nice however I stood at the front desk trying to check in for ten min, valet was not nearby and I waited again for ten min finally I had to go find someone myself again because there was no one at the front desk to help me with the valet problem, in addition while I was trying to check in another employee walked up and started chatting with the front desk girl again leaving me waiting so honestly my check in was very frustrating. But the beauty of the room and great location made up for that the bad service and I guess in there defense it was a busy weekend. In addition valet is 44 a night so it is quiet expensive more so then my stay in time square New York which I find a little ridiculous but Anyways I would stay here again asking as the service improves

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear VersaceT,

I am so sorry to hear that your service experience did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on our high level of guest service, especially at check in as this is when we want to introduce you to our beautiful city and neighborhood. Thank you for your feedback.

Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We previously stayed at "the Bulfinch" a couple times to see games at The Garden. We booked a night at The Boxer to do the same. Completely different look, modern feel, loved the decor!
The staff were amazing, friendly, and we bought a TD a Garden Package which allowed us a complimentary drink each.
Love the location of the hotel and how everything we planned to do was in walking distance!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank LordDoyle8
Dear LordDoyle8,

Thank you so much for your review! And so glad to hear that you love the new décor- and the service! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Boston, we have the TD Garden package open whenever there is an event so feel free to partake anytime.

Dartmouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

We saw the Avett Bros at the Garden recently and, rather than dealing with traffics, we grabbed a room at the Boxer for the night. Though the room was tiny, it was well appointed and the bed was comfortable. Everything was clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. For us, a decent place to crash for the night after the concert was the primary concern but we were very pleased to find a really decent restaurant in the place (Finch) that served up a perfect strip steak and a great burger - all at a really reasonable price. We paid sixty bucks for the dinners, two desserts, two drinks and two cappuccinos which is pretty amazing considering the location. Our servers name was Victor and he was a pro with plenty of experience and a good attitude. We tipped him well!
All in all, it's a great, relatively low-cost hotel two minutes walking time from the Garden and about fifty pubs. We'd go back.

Room Tip: Ask for the biggest room available. I conked my head on the window frame just getting out of bed.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heidi T
Vanessa V, General Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Heidi T,

So glad you were able to be a stone's throw away from the Garden and enjoy our reinvented menu at finch of classics with a twist! Next time you are in town for a concert or game, we would love to have you rejoin us either at the Hotel or finch restaurant!

Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

If you like European hotels (i.e. small but unusual and cleverly designed rooms), then The Boxer is your kind of room. The front desk staff is extremely helpful. It's also very convenient for TD Bank Garden if you are attending a game or concert. Public transit is also easily accessible. We visited for my wife's birthday in January 2014, and I believe we will be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Gary Carr,

Thank you! Though we are very proud of our nostalgic cool design and atmosphere, it is such a compliment to say the we have a "European" feel to our hotel. Boston is a city rooted in history and we celebrate our city; and its European heritage! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights beginning of March 2014 and had a great experience.

I needed a power adapter for my laptop on the first morning and the two girls on reception were exceptionally helpful in finding me a store closeby where I could buy one, they even called them for me to make sure the store was open and printed directions for me! That's service!

Ate in The Finch in the hotel and enjoyed it very much and the proximity to TD Garden is a big bonus, I saw the Boston Bruins play at home during this stay.

All in all just great and it's got free wifi as well.

The only gripe I have is the bed was a little big for the room and the base of the bed jutted out past the mattress so every time I constantly bashed my shin on the corner of the base.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dav M
Dear Dav M,

Thank you for your review! I am so glad to hear that our service exceeded your expectations and that your experience in our restaurant, finch, was to your liking! Know that we are working on a solution for our custom made platform beds- I appreciate the candid feedback!