1,235 results
All reviewstd gardenthe north endfront deskboutique hotelfaneuil hallbruins gamegreat boutiquerooms are smallquincy marketwithin walking distancebeacon hillvalet parkingminute walkbed was comfortablefreedom trailking roomwould definitely stay here again
997 - 1,002 of 1,235 reviews
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Would highly recommend this hotel if you are in town for an event at the Garden. Less than a 5 minute walk tot the Garden and close to the North End, Fanieul Hall and Aquarium.
Rooms are quite small, but creatively decorated and very clean.
Staff is exceptionally helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GeoffChing88
Vanessa V, General Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear GeoffChing88,

So glad you enjoyed our exceptional service and our beautiful city! I have to admit, our location is super convenient to the Garden (just a block away!) and having a stadium in the middle of the city is one of my favorite advantages of Boston! Thank you again.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We enjoyed our short stay at The Boxer in Boston. The updates to the hotel were excellent. The rooms are small but comfortable. Great location to Massachusetts General Hospital and other parts of Boston.

1  Thank Jane B

Dear Jane B,

Thank you for your review! Our location is prime for those visiting MGH and we are so glad you enjoyed the revamping of our historic building! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

When I was looking for a hotel to stay at in Boston which was in walking distance to the TD Garden Stadium, I wasn't sure about the Boxer. Reviewing the pictures online I really didn't like the room. I decided to book the hotel and give it a chance. I have to say I am glad I did. The hotel is beautiful, our room was warm, cozy & very clean and the staff very friendly. My boyfriend and I decided The Boxer Hotel is our hotel from now on. It is close to everything we want to go see from Hockey games at the TD Garden Stadium, to Quincy Market and more... What I liked most about the hotel is the staff goes above and beyond. If you are looking for are looking for a hotel, you need to look at the Boxer. You will have a pleasant stay and will want to stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: We had a corner room which was quiet. I will say the entire floor seemed very quiet.
1  Thank Terina C

Dear Terina C,

Thank you so much for your kind words- we really strive to provide amazing service to each of our guests and we are thrilled that you felt at home! We look forward to seeing you again in Boston!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The best thing about the Boxer Hotel is the staff. Each person we met went out of their way to get to know us and meet our needs. We also enjoyed being able to walk to the North End from the hotel and felt safe doing so during the day.

The hotel itself was disappointing. Our room did not have a tub, which was terrible after a day of sightseeing. It was too small for three of us in and I very much agree with someone else's review that states that it was Eurpopean-like. It is indeed. Each room has a strange shape. Our room was reminiscent of a cruise ship cabin. There was no closet and the hangers were situated over the snacks in the snack bar so our coats lay upon the snacks. The shower floor was dirty and one of the plugs did not work (fixed by the very nice hotel engineer).

I think that overall the hotel is fine for the young traveler without kids but not for those with kids or with a refined taste for elegance. We actually are staying at the hotel again (prebought through a third party) so it will be interesting if our stay is any different next week. I will be sure to review that night as well.

Room Tip: Ask for the largest room possible within your price structure.
1  Thank mallorynp
Vanessa V, General Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Mallorynp,

Thank you for staying with us (and coming back!) We look forward to having you again and we will absolutely make sure that this stay exceeds your expectations. See you then!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Just spent part of our March Break at the Boxer in Boston. It was a perfect fit for the 4 of us, modern, clean, comfortable and really excellent service. The rooms are very European/New York ish in the sense that they are small. Small but very well laid out. If you like tons of space it's not likely for you, but if you like ultra comfortable in the perfect downtown location then this is it.

Dear Hockeybeachbum (awesome profile name),

Good afternoon! In our historical building we made the best use out of the old world charm but with modern and whimsical touches- thank you for enjoying Boston and your stay; we look forward to seeing you again soon!