Eliot Hotel(Boston)
Agoda.com
US$308
US$284
1,194 results
All reviewstd gardenthe north endfront deskboutique hotelfaneuil hallbruins gamebed was comfortablegreat boutiquerooms are smallvalet parkingquincy marketwithin walking distancebeacon hillminute walkfreedom trailking roomwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel as the reviews suggested it was well located and we prefer independent smaller hotels. Location wise, it didn't turn out to be good for us as the best shopping areas and restaurants were a good half hour walk away (in the Boylston Street area). The hotel is good for the North End area and TD Garden though.

We had a junior suite which was ok size wise, although no storage other than a tiny wardrobe and no hooks for coats. We ended up using the sofa to lay our clothes out, so I wouldn't say this is a great choice for anything other than a short stay.

The bed is really comfy (although like other reviewers we were constantly hitting our shins on the base of the bed which sticks out). The bathroom just had a shower and tiny sink, no bath which was a pain after a busy day. The website doesn't make it clear that no junior suites have baths (I did email before arrival to ask but didn't get a reply).

We ate in the restaurant for breakfast and dinner a few times (no lunch available) and this was really good.

The room was kept really clean, although things weren't always replaced (eg bathrobes, shower gel, mugs).

We paid around $400 a night for the room, and although it was nice we did expect more for that money.

Staff were great!

Also, this isn't to do with the hotel but we got a taxi from the airport which went round the houses and charged us $35. We didn't realise until the return journey that we were overcharged- expect to pay more like $15.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ClareB75
Vanessa V, General Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear ClareB75,

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your stay. Please accept my apologies for a couple of the hiccups- you should have definately received a reply from the Hotel and daily replenishment of our complimentary in room amenties.

On a positive note, we are thrilled to hear that the staff, restaurant and room cleanliness exceeded your expectations and we thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Friendly staff, knowledgeable concierge and wicked clean rooms. For a smaller scale hotel they use the space wisely. We loved our smartly-appointed King room. The umbrella in each room was so thoughtful and allowed us to still enjoy our day out in the city despite the downpour. We'll be back. Good central location near two T stops (easy walk to North End, Faneuil Hall, Beacon Hill, Common).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank uniquelymaine

Dear uniquelymaine,

Thank you so much for your kind words- we love being adorable- and wicked clean! We will see you again when you head down south from Maine- hopefully without the rain!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed at the Boxer Hotel for 3 nights and really enjoyed my time there!! The location is perfect, my room was spacious and super clean!!
But what really make me love this hotel is the Staff! They are soo nice and helpfull!! Thank you very much!!! Will definitely come back!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear CRIS08006,

I loved reading your review! It is so wonderful to hear rave feedback regarding our amazing staff and guest services- we certainly hope to see you again when you are back in the States!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights in April 2014. It's a great little boutique hotel in a reasonably lively area and has fantastic staff. I had read that the room sizes were a problem with some reviewers but, whilst my room was in no way huge, for a single guy it was more than adequate and I had no problems. The only (minor) issues that I had were no re-stocking of certain room facilities (water bottles, cream, sugar etc) and there only being one lift, which did mean long waits on occasions. Otherwise, everything was near perfect for the cost.
I would definitely recommend the hotel for a short stay and thanks once again to all of the staff who were a credit to the establishment.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank rhyd78
Vanessa V, General Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Rhyd78,

Thank you for staying with us! We were so happy that you joined us for 5 days and hope your stay was enjoyable. I have spoken with our team who is ensuring proper replenishment of our complimentary amenties daily so that it will no longer be an issue. We look forward to having you join us again!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed at the hotel and everything had gone great, until I checked out. I called the front desk to have the valet get my car. I walked outside and the valet was parallel parking my car when he drove it into another vehicle parked on the street. My bumper was scratched. He got out of the vehicle, handed me my keys and did not say anything. There was not a manager on site so I called the hotel later in the afternoon. I was told someone would contact me the following day. They did contact me, but only by email. I quickly responded to the email and never received a response or call!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff12245

Dear Jeff12245,

Please accept my deepest apologies that this was not resloved ina timely manner. I have reached out to you personally in hopes of discussing a remedy. I look forward to hearing from you and very glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise!