The Boxer Boston
  • Fitness centre
Omni Parker House(Boston)
  • Room Service
1,151 results
All reviewstd gardenthe north endfront deskboutique hotelfaneuil hallbruins gamerooms are smallgreat boutiquequincy marketwalking distancebeacon hillvalet parkingminute walkbed was comfortableking roomfreedom trailwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed at the Boxer Boston with a friend for a weekend getaway. I found a great deal on a third party website. We were pleasantly surprised with our stay. The location was very convenient for exploring the city with easy access to Boston Common, Faneuil Hall, subways and the airport. The room was spacious with a king-sized bed, double aspect windows and a separate sitting area. A safe, fridge, coffee maker and Wifi were included too. We had breakfast (not included) at the restaurant downstairs one morning which was disappointing in terms of quality and value. Otherwise, we were very happy with our stay and I would definitely stay at The Boxer Boston again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank trvljunkie79
Vanessa V, General Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us! And more so for your review! We look forward to seeing you again in Boston!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The Boxer Boston is a very nice hotel. The rooms are up to date and clean. The hotel staff is quite friendly and helpful as well. The hotel is close to the North End Neighborhood of Boston and is a few blocks away from the Freedom Trail.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The rooms are refurbished in gray industrial chic/restoration hardware style. Our 2 double bed room was too small for such big heavy furniture. No real closet, and hard to maneuver and use the the one real usable drawer. From one bed, there was a useless metal post in front of the TV screen. But, beds comfy, good bath with shower only. Good free Wi-Fi, and responsive front desk, free newspapers. Near the sports arena and dozens of sports bars, short walk to Faneuil Hall area in one direction, Italian neighborhood resaurants in the other direction.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mike T

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I would have rated it higher, but room size with lack of storage and staff attitudes prompted the lower rating. Nice boutique hotel in close proximity to the North End and Faneuil Hall. Stayed here in June for 3 nights. Rooms are very small and it was difficult to walk between the end of the bed and the desk/closet. I wish the closet was enclosed. There was approximately 16 inches of a steel bar to hang your clothes from. The honor bar was below the closet area on top of the only drawer to place clothes in and was in the way. Appreciated the room safe and refrigerator. Loved the bathroom! It was very nicely appointed and had a nice sized shower. The desk clerks need training. Some were very professional and some had major attitudes.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Vanessa V, General Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear TRIPSTER077,

Thank you for your feedback! Housed in an historic building in downtown Boston, we do our absolute best in accommodating the need for space (believe me!) I certainly hope you enjoyed your stay otherwise and I appreciate your candid review. We look forward to seeing you in Boston soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

After a long day traveling , I arrived in Boston nearly six hour later than planned. It was late when my wife and I finally made it to the hotel only to learn that there was allegedly a maintenance issue with the room we were scheduled for so they had to give us a different room.
My skeptical half believes that, because we were so late, they gave our room to someone else. Leaving us kind of up a creek.
So we get to our room, open the door and get a glimps. It had a small queen size bed with three out of four sides blocked in. The girl apologized at the onset and said that if the queen was too small, I could sleep in the bunk bed. I don't think so. I have been married for more than 20 years, I sleep best when I sleep with my wife. I am also 50 years old, I don't do bunk beds. But, we were wiped out, so we tried, mostly unsuccessfully, to sleep.
The next morning, I explained to the front desk that I had booked a king room and that while the room they gave us is "cute", it wasn't going to work for us.
They had already planned to put us into an appropriate room.
That afternoon, our belongings were in the new, much better room, along with a nice bottle of wine, coupons for free breakfast and apology letter from the management.
The other room didn't go empty for long, a younger couple with a child got the room and it was a much better fit for them then us.
The hotel is, as others have said, is very well placed. Access to anywhere is quite easy.
The folks at the front desk are very friendly and very accommodating.
The price was right, the initial room scare was taken care of, the whole experience turned from what I expected to be bad to, really, more than good. It was excellent.
Thank you Boxer Boston.

Room Tip: If you want to be sure that you don't get the room with the bunk bed, make that clear. The bed was not comfortable in that room. It was much better in the room I was supposed to get.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MontanaKevin

Dear MontanaKevin,

I absolutely love it when our team can turn around an inconvenient situation- its a better testament to their outstanding service oriented goals than a perfect stay sometimes! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make it better and to serve you in the best way possible.