Wow. What a difference 2 years makes. This was my second stay at Yacht Haven, and I invited my mother-in-law along with my husband and
teenager to check out this place and Boston. I received an email from
Kathleen 6 months prior with a rate range, and called to confirm a $235 nightly stay with Ryan for two nights over the Columbus Day weekend. I came expecting a beautiful location, enthusiastic Frank and macaroons, and a clean room and nice muffins for breakfast. Well,
the location is still great, but everything else disappointed. No sign of Frank, no macaroons, a room that was dirty- bathroom smelled like urine, missing lamp lightbulbs, found some letters under the bed
from previous occupants, and limited breakfast. We called the evening
before we checked out to ask the front desk to call the water taxi for 7:30 am pick-up- called at 8:30 pm and got a snarly woman who informed us no one works between 8 pm and 8 am in the office- you're on your own to call and don't worry about checking out- we'll do it for you.
Right- got home to find out we were charged $300 a night and it ran through immed on my debit card. When I called- talked to Kathleen who
told me that was the rate and I was wrong to think otherwise, but she'd call me back after checking in. Ummm-no call back for 4 days- I noticed a charge or $275 a night went through. When I called again-got Kathleen and she let me know that was the rate, because they never would have quoted a rate as low as $235, when $275 was the rate
for the room (so why was I charged $300, you ask?)
No one could call to let me know, because she said no one had been working in the office since last Thursday. Obviously, some customer service issues here- which is too bad because it could be an amazing place if they were focused on customers.
So disappointing- be sure you ask for everything in writing from this
place- or stay at the Doubletree which is where I will recommend my Fortune 500 company based in Watertowne will stay in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Boston's waterfront in the historic North End and steps from Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market, Boston Yacht Haven Inn & Marina is at the end of historic Commercial Wharf. Newly renovated, The Inn offers ten guest rooms distinguished by award winning architecture and unique nautical styling. Five rooms have private decks and 9 rooms have soaking tubs or shower/bathtub combination. Enjoy the peaceful environment and beautiful harbor views of Boston Yacht Haven - a place you will call "Your home away from home". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Boston Yacht Haven Inn & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boston Yacht Haven Inn And Marina
- Boston Yacht Haven Inn & Marina Hotel Boston