“Best location in a unique setting”

Boston Yacht Haven Inn & Marina
Ranked #6 of 38 Boston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 June 2011

This is the place to stay when in Boston. It can't be better located to see the north end, the harbor, and the commercial district. In addition, it's smack on the water. You're surrounded by yachts bobbing in the waves. You're in an architecturally interesting building with lots of windows, large rooms, a great common area and views to die for! Top that off with staff that seem to truly care about you and your experience at the inn and beyond. We were treated like you expect to be treated in a five star hotel. But we also felt like it came naturally to the staff.
The water taxi delivered us to the hotel from the airport dock and the boats to Quincy and Hingham were just across the way.
We'll defnitely return to this unique jewel whenever we visit Boston.

Room Tip: make sure to ask for a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Bubbatrek
There are newer reviews for Boston Yacht Haven Inn & Marina

Reviewed 9 May 2011

This Place is Amazing!! Stayed there May 5th and 6th and could not have been happier!! The rooms are gorgeous, The Views are priceless, and the staff here are amazing! When I come back to Boston, This will be the first place I call, and Patti will be the first person I ask for. Patti is Awesome, and absolutely made our trip unforgettable!!

Room Tip: Loved the Balcony room!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I have stayed here on several occasions. This was the first time since it has been under new ownership. The staff, especially Patti, is the best! In this day and age it is refreshing to deal with someone that delivers quality service and communication. The view is spectacular. The rooms are spotless and nicely decorated. We were happy just sitting on our deck or outdoors. Will happily return.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Boston Yacht Haven for our 15th Anniversary and were treated like royalty. Our corner room was unbeivable..King size bed, leather couch, fireplace and a balcony over looking the Boston Harbor. Everyone was very helpful and kind. We couldn't have asked for anything more. Thank you for making this anniversary a special one!
Sincerely
Jarabek's

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2008

I stayed in room 207. I can't speak for the other rooms, but my room had the following problems:

* The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I've slept on in years. I could feel the springs press into my torso. Super bad.

* The place had one wall-attached light when you walk in. It was compact florescent and buzzed when on, so I turned it off. The other light sources are three or four lamps, but they have super low wattage bulbs so only 1/3 of the place is lit. Very hard to read a book, for example.

* The shower head made a loud noise when on and distributed water unequally.

Otherwise the room was more of less nice. There were some other mediocre things e.g. the window didn't have any curtains, only simple blinds, and the water was a bit too soft, but otherwise the room was not bad. It's pretty big and has nice furniture. A big TV though I didn't turn it on.

Good luck!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank adamsmith1
Reviewed 23 August 2008

We wanted to take my Mom some place special for her 70th birthday...Boston is such a great city with so much to do and we were traveling with 12 people ages 12 to 72. I had found BYH online and it sounded perfect. It was!!! The rooms are huge and very clean...I highly recommend the corner rooms with the king size bed, a cozy fireplace and an amazing deck and view of Boston and the Yachts. The high beamed ceilings made the already large rooms feel so open. We had three rooms booked, 2 rooms had 2 queen size beds with a pull out queen sleeper that slept all 6 in my family ( which are myself, my husband and 4 boys ages 12, 16, 18 and 20) it had a nice view but no deck or balcony...my sisters family had the other room with the queen size beds and my parents had the Great King room with deck. Great room for her birthday! When making the reservations ask for Kevin...Kevin was so helpful with setting up our rooms for this special get-away celebration. (also, when you are there, ask Kevin about the history around the Yacht Haven and Boston...very interesting!) There was a light continental breakfast (just some small muffins and cinnamin rolls, juice and fruit) and nice selection of coffees. But there is so much to eat in Boston that we did not need much...although my 4 hungry boys did wipe out the muffins and rolls quickly! :-) The BYH is in the BEST area with everything within a short walking distance. Boston has so much to do and it is worth it to buy a trolly pass for the day and take a tour and stop at all the historical sights. You can get on and off as you wish all day until 5:00pm...great way to see Boston and learn the history and fun facts about the city. ( visit the Library..surprisingly interesting museum like! and good cafe with sandwiches and salads inside and a nice court yard to sit and eat outside in the center of the library building,) And we had a great lunch right at the corner up the driveway from BYH it was called "Boston Sail Loft" cafe and bar. The clam chowder was the Best we ever had! The owner Jamie was very nice and helped make our final meal in Boston one to remember. This was an exceptional visit and we will return to BYH...except next time my husband and I are coming back...no kids or parents and reserving the King corner room for ourselves!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2008

Our first trip to Boston, and we booked the Yacht Haven on the basis of the reviews here.

Its a very special place, in an amazing location for seeing all of Boston and the surrounding areas. The views are breathtaking from the balconies/windows and we certainly appreciated the cool location when the temperature rose.

Rooms are immaculate and well equipped.

Breakfast was a bit of a let down though - just muffins and tea/coffee, so no choice. I'd sum it up by saying the whole place would benefit from a 'womans touch'.

I'd stay there again in an instant !!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple