“First Stop”

Ranked #7 of 39 Boston B&B and Inns
Bo'ness, United Kingdom
“First Stop”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was our first visit to Boston and after reading the reviews decided to book it. Well we were not disappointed. The Inn sits on the Harbour and the suite we had looked over the marina and water. It had an outside seating area from which we could watch the traffic on the river from early morning to late at night. The room was very clean and we had no problems there at all. Breakfast was served outside our room and going out in your housecoat (which is also provided) and bringing it back to sit outside was a pleasure. Everything you needed was in this large suite. The staff are very pleasant and helpful at all times.. Near the Aquarium and bus tour main stops. Quincy Market within walking distance. If we come back to Boston we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cate1405

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I hate to use the term "Hidden Gem" in reveiws, but if it applies to any place I have ever been - it's definitely this place!

I booked the room the day of my stay, so I didnt research at all. I choose it based on price and proximity to Bostons North side.
The photos on Booking.com also peaked my curiosity as well - it looked quite charming!
Perfect, so I booked it.

We drove onto the pier in which it is located, and I immediately knew I was going to love the place. Its location is strange - at the tip of the pier - you feel nice and isolated, yet the North End is withing walking distance.
so a bit of quiet right in the city!

Our room was MASSIVE - with loads of charm - I loved the sloped ceilings with beams, and it was equipped with everything I needed!
Fridge, microwave and a Keurig (sp?) coffee maker - which is such a step up from the usual hotel room coffee makers! They even supplied little half and half tubs which gave me great joy!
I was even impressed with the bathroom supplies - they provided 2 make-up remover wipes which I needed!!!

I had a quick look in the lounge and it was such a nice spot- I imagined if I had a few days to spend - it would be quite a pleasant area to spend time with a book.
Facing the harbor and with chairs outside for sunny days, lots of comfy seating, a pool table and stocked with plenty of reading material.
Courtesy coffee, hot chocolate and delicious cucumber were all available.
I did wish I had more time to enjoy there.

The nights sleep was comfortable, and the room had great temperature contro -even if it took me awhile to work it properly! - nothing to do with the system - all to do with me being a goof!

To end the stay on an even nicer note - I rang up the desk to inquire about a late check-out and the fellow was so cordial and lovely, and managed to get an ok - without any charge.

I highly recommend this place for a quiet peaceful city stay with a nautical island feel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We cannot speak highly enough of this gem of a hotel. Located right on the Harbor the view was second to none. Rick checked us in and he was very helpful and even upgraded us to a suite which was accompanied with a bottle of wine to welcome us to the hotel. Everything about this hotel was perfect we have absolutely no complaints! We wish we could have stayed longer but we will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: Room 3 was perfect!

Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at this beautiful hotel in Boston for 4 days. It was a very relaxing holiday for us, promoted by hotel's sea view, great location and friendly staff. Harbour walk nearby is a good walking path to see the city skyline. Will definitely be back!

Connecticut
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We are a family of 4 w/ two teenagers. Our very large room (w/ 2 queen beds and a sleeper/sofa) was ideal for our family who normally can't fit into a "typical" 200 sq. ft. hotel room. Loved the nautical décor, water views and quiet (but accessible) location. We will be back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Topsham, Maine
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I came to Boston for my birthday and a Bruins game and stayed here...we loved it! The room was beautiful and the folks at the desk were extremely helpful. We look forward to coming back soon.

2 Thank ValerieSzewelanczyk
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here on two occasions - you can't beat it for quality and great service by the friendly staff.
A short walk from the shopping centres, but is a real oasis - quiet, great views and really relaxing.
We just loved it !