“Love this gem of a place”

Boston Yacht Haven Inn & Marina
Ranked #6 of 38 Boston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My parents booked this place last year, for a family vacation and it was such a lovely experience that I knew this would be the perfect place for girls trip. We stayed here the week of July 21st. Rick and Cheryl, I cannot say anything but thank you...EVERY one we came in contact with were just helpful, courteous, and definitely went over and beyond what was expected. Last year we stayed at the corner room with harbor/city views with a HUGE balcony. We attempted to book it again this year but unfortunately, it was booked. There were 3 of us ladies, and was given a KING/sofa (queen) room. It was perfect for 3 of us it was still roomy, not like ordinary hotels. The room had a Keurig for our monrning coffee and is replenished everyday. Bottled water is also given everyday. The continental breakfast was great. The rooms were clean and just what we wanted and expected. We wished we had a balcony this year but, nevertheless, we were able to spend time downstairs to drink coffee or play pool.
We took the water taxi from the airport and it was a short inexpensive ride into town. We were dropped of right in front of the hotel. We walked everywhere, from North End, all the way to The Commons. We definitely will be back.

Room Tip: The corner room has a huge balcony that will give you the harbor AND city views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Boston Yacht Haven Inn & Marina

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My new fiance & I stayed here and we can say that Boston Yacht Haven is the best kept secret in Boston. Our service from the wonderful gentleman there (I believe his name was Rick) was superb. He was friendly, warm & helpful! The location is the BEST, a minutes walk to Fanueil Hall & the Aquarium! There are two restaurants right on the pier and a stop for the blue line on the T. The actual hotel has fantastic views, right on the waters edge & very clean rooms! We'll definitely be staying here for our next trip to Boston!
There isn't parking right at the BYH, however, we parked our car two seconds away in a lot with a person monitoring it. That was $27 a day but I found that was cheaper than the parking offered at any of the nearby hotels. We look forward to many more stays!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank AACarr
Reviewed 21 August 2014

because the location is wonderful. The views are spectacular. The staff is so nice. Cheryl, one of the staff members, was so friendly and accommodating. We can't thank her enough. The rooms are spacious and clean. We will definitely go back the Boston Yacht Haven Inn & Marina as soon as we can. It a wonderful hidden gem. Again, I must thank Cheryl Cervasio for her over-the-top help.

Room Tip: Units facing the water side are spectacular with large decks and huge views. I think we were in 201...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I returned to Boston for the first time since we sold our home there and moved to California. We were very impressed by our corner room which was large and light with a very large balcony looking at the city, harbor and airport. We stayed for two nights, entertained friends both nights on the balcony. We could easily have entertained twenty guests and the hotel provided everything one would need to entertain.
The hotel is small, set up for visiting sailors on the yachts and mega yachts in the harbor. The staff were very helpful and friendly. There is an exercise room and lounge with pool table but no liquor licence which makes it easy to have what you want.
Perhaps our room, 206, was the best other than the penthouse, but I would recommend the hotel without reservation.

Room Tip: Corner rooms with a balcony are best.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Park your car in the adjacent yard - yes, you have to pay for public parking while staying here but it is totally worth it! Just walking toward the Boston Yacht Haven Inn and Marina you know it's going to be special. Boats and sparkling water surrounding the Inn. What a beautiful setting. If you want to feel like your home and living on the water stay for awhile. You won't want to leave any time soon. The room my husband and I had was incredibly spacious! Room 208/King Bed, pull out couch and a dining area. Sooo clean too. Sure there are sounds of boats and horns at times but we love this experience. There are lots of places to relax indoors and out. Tea, Coffee and flavored water all day long in the captain's quarters lounge. Continental breakfast was outside of our room on Saturday and Sunday morning. We also played pool in the lounge and watched the soccer game on a big screen tv. Friendly staff too! We are going back before end of summer to enjoy it all over again. The wharf area is so wonderful to walk at night. Great restaurants in the area too and a short distance to the North End. I've stayed in many b&b's and hotels in Boston. This is the best by far.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the harbor/water and you won't be disappointed.
1  Thank BeanersFairfield
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was our first visit to Boston and after reading the reviews decided to book it. Well we were not disappointed. The Inn sits on the Harbour and the suite we had looked over the marina and water. It had an outside seating area from which we could watch the traffic on the river from early morning to late at night. The room was very clean and we had no problems there at all. Breakfast was served outside our room and going out in your housecoat (which is also provided) and bringing it back to sit outside was a pleasure. Everything you needed was in this large suite. The staff are very pleasant and helpful at all times.. Near the Aquarium and bus tour main stops. Quincy Market within walking distance. If we come back to Boston we would stay here again.

1  Thank Cate1405
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I hate to use the term "Hidden Gem" in reveiws, but if it applies to any place I have ever been - it's definitely this place!

I booked the room the day of my stay, so I didnt research at all. I choose it based on price and proximity to Bostons North side.
The photos on Booking.com also peaked my curiosity as well - it looked quite charming!
Perfect, so I booked it.

We drove onto the pier in which it is located, and I immediately knew I was going to love the place. Its location is strange - at the tip of the pier - you feel nice and isolated, yet the North End is withing walking distance.
so a bit of quiet right in the city!

Our room was MASSIVE - with loads of charm - I loved the sloped ceilings with beams, and it was equipped with everything I needed!
Fridge, microwave and a Keurig (sp?) coffee maker - which is such a step up from the usual hotel room coffee makers! They even supplied little half and half tubs which gave me great joy!
I was even impressed with the bathroom supplies - they provided 2 make-up remover wipes which I needed!!!

I had a quick look in the lounge and it was such a nice spot- I imagined if I had a few days to spend - it would be quite a pleasant area to spend time with a book.
Facing the harbor and with chairs outside for sunny days, lots of comfy seating, a pool table and stocked with plenty of reading material.
Courtesy coffee, hot chocolate and delicious cucumber were all available.
I did wish I had more time to enjoy there.

The nights sleep was comfortable, and the room had great temperature contro -even if it took me awhile to work it properly! - nothing to do with the system - all to do with me being a goof!

To end the stay on an even nicer note - I rang up the desk to inquire about a late check-out and the fellow was so cordial and lovely, and managed to get an ok - without any charge.

I highly recommend this place for a quiet peaceful city stay with a nautical island feel!