“Awesome”

Ranked #6 of 38 Boston B&B and Inns
Orlando
“Awesome”
Reviewed 23 September 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Boston Yacht Haven for our 15th Anniversary and were treated like royalty. Our corner room was unbeivable..King size bed, leather couch, fireplace and a balcony over looking the Boston Harbor. Everyone was very helpful and kind. We couldn't have asked for anything more. Thank you for making this anniversary a special one!
Sincerely
Jarabek's

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
San Francisco
Reviewed 27 September 2008

I stayed in room 207. I can't speak for the other rooms, but my room had the following problems:

* The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I've slept on in years. I could feel the springs press into my torso. Super bad.

* The place had one wall-attached light when you walk in. It was compact florescent and buzzed when on, so I turned it off. The other light sources are three or four lamps, but they have super low wattage bulbs so only 1/3 of the place is lit. Very hard to read a book, for example.

* The shower head made a loud noise when on and distributed water unequally.

Otherwise the room was more of less nice. There were some other mediocre things e.g. the window didn't have any curtains, only simple blinds, and the water was a bit too soft, but otherwise the room was not bad. It's pretty big and has nice furniture. A big TV though I didn't turn it on.

Good luck!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank adamsmith1
nj
Reviewed 23 August 2008

We wanted to take my Mom some place special for her 70th birthday...Boston is such a great city with so much to do and we were traveling with 12 people ages 12 to 72. I had found BYH online and it sounded perfect. It was!!! The rooms are huge and very clean...I highly recommend the corner rooms with the king size bed, a cozy fireplace and an amazing deck and view of Boston and the Yachts. The high beamed ceilings made the already large rooms feel so open. We had three rooms booked, 2 rooms had 2 queen size beds with a pull out queen sleeper that slept all 6 in my family ( which are myself, my husband and 4 boys ages 12, 16, 18 and 20) it had a nice view but no deck or balcony...my sisters family had the other room with the queen size beds and my parents had the Great King room with deck. Great room for her birthday! When making the reservations ask for Kevin...Kevin was so helpful with setting up our rooms for this special get-away celebration. (also, when you are there, ask Kevin about the history around the Yacht Haven and Boston...very interesting!) There was a light continental breakfast (just some small muffins and cinnamin rolls, juice and fruit) and nice selection of coffees. But there is so much to eat in Boston that we did not need much...although my 4 hungry boys did wipe out the muffins and rolls quickly! :-) The BYH is in the BEST area with everything within a short walking distance. Boston has so much to do and it is worth it to buy a trolly pass for the day and take a tour and stop at all the historical sights. You can get on and off as you wish all day until 5:00pm...great way to see Boston and learn the history and fun facts about the city. ( visit the Library..surprisingly interesting museum like! and good cafe with sandwiches and salads inside and a nice court yard to sit and eat outside in the center of the library building,) And we had a great lunch right at the corner up the driveway from BYH it was called "Boston Sail Loft" cafe and bar. The clam chowder was the Best we ever had! The owner Jamie was very nice and helped make our final meal in Boston one to remember. This was an exceptional visit and we will return to BYH...except next time my husband and I are coming back...no kids or parents and reserving the King corner room for ourselves!

• Liked — the location and rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 10 July 2008

Our first trip to Boston, and we booked the Yacht Haven on the basis of the reviews here.

Its a very special place, in an amazing location for seeing all of Boston and the surrounding areas. The views are breathtaking from the balconies/windows and we certainly appreciated the cool location when the temperature rose.

Rooms are immaculate and well equipped.

Breakfast was a bit of a let down though - just muffins and tea/coffee, so no choice. I'd sum it up by saying the whole place would benefit from a 'womans touch'.

I'd stay there again in an instant !!

• Liked — Views from the hotel and convenient location
  • Disliked — Breakfast was very-limited
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 18 November 2007

Wow...where to begin!? Mr. Frank met us at the door with the warmest smile and within 5 minutes we had the key to our room and a tub of the most exquisite macaroons I've ever tasted! We had the pleasure (or pain as some might see it) of staying in 3 different rooms during our 7 night stay. (Medical conventions had the city completely booked.) We stayed in rooms 2, 3 and 7. If memory serves me correctly, my favorite room was room 3, the one with the fireplace and balcony views of the harbor. However, the first night, I believe, was room 2, gave us the most stunning view of the skyline. Am I making my point? Not a bad room in the Inn! The rates were absolutely in line with the quality of the Inn. Why pay $500 for two queen beds at the Marriott when you can get a luscious king-sized bed, leather furniture in the sitting room, monster-large dressing area with separate bathroom, dining table, fridge/microwave, beautiful large dressers and accent tables AND a remote controlled fireplace AND a gigantic balcony over the harbor for $350.00??? Some might say the breakfast was not up to par, but when you've got a city like Boston where a steamy bowl of mussels or clam chowder or crab legs is just around any corner and great Italian restaurants that line the North End (10 minute walk or a $5 cab ride), who gives a rip about having to 'suffer through' flaky croissants or scones, fresh fruit, juice and coffee in the morning? It's a no-brainer, my friends!!! That's just the tip of the iceberg....the GM, Kevin, is now on my list of folks I would gladly give a kidney if he were ever in need!! I can't sing his praises enough...the history lessons (from a native), the above-and-beyond hospitality and his effervescent personality made our stay at the Boston Yacht Haven most exceptional!

• Liked — the location, the views, the staff
  • Disliked — there wasn't a fireplace and a balcony for every room.
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
Stanwood, Wa.
Reviewed 28 October 2007

Just got back from a fabulous trip. Boston is a great city! The people at Yacht Haven were warm and helpful, the value couldn't be beat and the location ...perfect! I would definitely recommend it .I will be going back, and would recommend it to anyone. REALLY !

• Liked — location,size of room ,comfort
  • Disliked — lighting?
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
Sussex
Reviewed 27 October 2007

Our room was fantastic - huge, with a giant TV, big leather sofa, and great views over the harbour. The shortest walk to the North End, or Quincy Market and the State House - amazing location.

We had searched and searched for a place to stay in Boston, it was a really busy time in the city, and thought it was a choice of either a poor Motel room, or a $500 per night Hotel room. Then we discovered the Boston Yacht Haven, and we couldn't beleive our luck when we checked in. Fantastic value too.

The breakfast is limited, but good quality, and anyway, there are so many excellent places to eat on your doorstop, this is a minor detail.

Thank you Kevin and all the team for a great stay!

• Liked — Location and views
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple