“Raise your hands brothers,” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 3,179 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$21 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: North End
Fort Myers, Florida
“Raise your hands brothers,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

This is a place so good you will praise the lord even if you don't believe!
Living in Florida I don't eat a lot of Maine lobster, but I do love it and have to have it when I visit NE. I have never had a lobsta roll before, but good god I promise I will have one here everything o am in Boston. Just fantastic, and the raw bar is great too.
This place is very small and lively. Expect to wait to get in and don't give in to the temptation to go to one of the less busy places close by. It is so worth the price and wait.
Liberal roll hot with butter will make you find god.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hamilton, Illinois
“awesome fresh oysters; small oldstyle place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

go middayso you can get a table. Great fresh local oysters, chowder, ect. Good service and environment.

• Visited September 2010
1 Thank IllinoisRiverRat
Chicago
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Need I say?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

If you're an oyster lover, this is the place. I'm from out of town and really don't care how long I have to wait ... as long as I'm in line before they say "no more."

Visited June 2011
EastCoast
“Waste of time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

Waited for 1 hour and 15 and still did not get a table (at 5 pm). Rude waitress. If you go, hope the food is worth a very long wait.

2 Thank ECoast
Tucson, Arizona
“Nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

Neptune's Oyster doesn't take reservations. They will take your cell and call you, often a 45 minute wait. However, if you go between lunch and dinner hours, as I did, you may be seated after a short 5 minute wait, as I was. I found the service to be courteous and professional. I sampled a few oyster types from their list of 11 or so, and they were fresh and delicious. The lobster roll was less satisfying. Plenty of lobster, but nestled in a white-bread (think Wonderbread) split hot-dog bun that falls apart within a few seconds. This was my first lobster roll ever and Neptune Oyster's is 'famous', so I tried it. Kind of dull, I have to say. Presumably no fault of the restaurant, just a blah dish. At $25 for the roll, the price wasn't justified. All in all, I'm glad I went, but wished I'd tried something else on the menu.

• Visited August 2011