“Go early, wait in line, enjoy!”
Review of Neptune Oyster

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North End
Pennsylvania
“Go early, wait in line, enjoy!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Fantastic!! This was our second visit and it was just as good as our first glowing review. Try everything. You cannot go wrong with anything you order.

Yes, you will wait but it is worth it. The trick is to go early with no more than 2 or 3 people. Your wait will be minimized and you will have a fantastic meal.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank NextstopNewZealand

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Worth the Wait”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We visited Neptune Oyster Bar for dinner on Saturday of Boston Marathon weekend. Arrived at 5:30 expecting a wait and were told that we would be called in 2 hours. Had a great time exploring the neighborhood waiting for the call. Food was great as always. Selection of oysters was great and we sampled four each of three varieties. Two of us got the lobster roll without the roll - basically a bucket of perfectly cooked lobster meat. Couldn't have been any better. Close quarters creates fast friendships with neighboring tables. We look forward to our next visit. Service was excellent.

Visited April 2014
Houston, Texas
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was informed this was a "must". However, my experience was average at best. The restaurant was extremely small. The oysters were at room temperature and were not flavorful. Overall, a complete disappointment.

For true oyster lovers please consider a visit to SF to Hog Island. That is an oyster lover's paradise!!! I

Visited April 2014
Winter Park, Florida
“Smoothest Seating Hoestess Ever”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This small restaurant was recommended by our Gen Y kids for the best lobster rolls ever. We went at lunchtime on a Friday and the wait was one hour which allowed us to tour the nearby Revere House. We were called just as we finished our tour and were seated promptly.
A wide selection of oysters was available and our choices came freshly shucked and delicious. The kids were right, the lobster rolls were great, we have one of each, hot with butter and cold with mayo. We think the right option is the cold.
What was amazing was the serene way the hostess, who also served as the order taker, maintained her cool in the crush of those wanting to be seated and order. She was the customer service person every business should have.
The location is easy to find just off the freeway. So the only reason not to go is if you are in a rush.

• Visited May 2014
“Good but pretty expensive”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I really have to say.. Their foods are amazing but it's pretty darn expensive. I went to eat with my mom so I get to eat whatever I want but honestly it's something I wouldn't go with my friends. It's too pricey. Their waiting time is crazy. We waited hour and half to get seats for two people. People who came after us had to wait max 3 hrs. Honestly it's a place where I would go once in a while or once in my lifetime. Still enjoyed it because the workers were kind and very calm.