“tired of waiting” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 3,179 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$21 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: North End
Orinda, California
“tired of waiting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Big fans of Neptune and never visit Boston without a stop by-but seriously-my last trip there was a 2 hour wait-so we walked around and had drinks elsewhere and saw some sights-I think they should do open table-since it is GREAT but I dont wait for ANY restaurant and I doubt I will wait like this again. Weeknight business traveler or local should be able to get in and grab a lobster roll. time is so valuable and while we even have t shirts from here like real live groupies and we tell everyone we know to stop over-oh maybe thats the problem? Its good-but that good? Starting to wonder

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
hiltonhead SC
“Interesting little jewel in North End Boston!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I first tried this place because I was intrigued by the idea of a " hot" lobster roll. I have been back because the oyster selection is fantastic and the mussels in thai curry sauce are one of the best things I have ever eaten! The place is small, you have to turn sideways to get into your table and you will wait a while for a seat, but its worth it!

• Visited May 2014
Madrid
“Best Lobster roll ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Some friends recommended this little bar in the North End. It is small and normally crowded, you've to wait aproximately half-an hour but there is some bars around to have a beer while you wait. We've tried the lobster roll and it is just delicious! You won't regret it. Go there and have a Lobster Roll (best in town) and some oysters, their menu is long and many choices to decide on.

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Amazing fresh seafood. highly recommend.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We arrived before noon on a Friday and had to wait only 10 min which is a miracle at this place. The place got very busy after we arrived. We also had a 5 yr old so I am happy that they were able to seat us so quickly.

We ordered a plate of Local Oysters which were so amazingly fresh you can taste the sea. The best Oysters I have ever had even my 5 yr old had one. We also had the Ipswich clams which were very fresh and so lightly coated with batter again the best I have ever had. We followed that up with the Lobster roll both hot and cold amazing. I wish they had put something other than French fries at that price.

This place is amazing for seafood. Expensive but everything is so fresh and high quality it is worth it. The only cons are the place is small so the wait is too long and the lobster roll should have something else besides French fries.

Highly recommended.

Chester, United Kingdom
“It really is worth the wait!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great raw oysters and lovely seafood! OK you have to wait for a table for ages but the food is super.
My only gripe is the state of the toilets. Come on this is 2014 and only one toilet is not acceptable!