“Was it worth the wait?”

Neighbourhood: North End
San Diego
“Was it worth the wait?”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Hmmm! The wait was one and a half hours for a bar stool at an overcorwded bar. The food was good, but there are many restaurants in the Boston North End with good food and no wait. I had six different types of oysters, all excellent, and a French white wine. The restaurant is small and I went on a Sunday night around 7pm when the North End was crowded. I finally got seated at 9:30p and the kitchen closed at 10pm. Good food, but I would not wait again for this place.

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Houston
“Worth the wait!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

You have to show up, leave your name & number, then disappear for a couple of hours (try Zito's Tavern across the street for great Bloody Marys).They'll call you when you can finally be seated but it's worth the wait. Very small & cozy, great service, fresh raw bar with multiple selections. Best lobster roll ever....lightly dressed meat with nothing to overpower the wonderful, tender lobster. The menu reads like one from a five star French establishment...very fancy accompaniments for the few main menu items. Daily specials, moderate pricing.

• Visited July 2014
SC Lowcountry
“You have to find this place!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A local who stopped to help us with directions told us of Neptunes. GREAT seafood. A neat hole-in-the-wall atmosphere. Very attentive servers.

A wide selection of fresh oysters that were scrumptious!

Pricey but well worth it - treat yourself!

• Visited June 2014
Orinda, California
“tired of waiting”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Big fans of Neptune and never visit Boston without a stop by-but seriously-my last trip there was a 2 hour wait-so we walked around and had drinks elsewhere and saw some sights-I think they should do open table-since it is GREAT but I dont wait for ANY restaurant and I doubt I will wait like this again. Weeknight business traveler or local should be able to get in and grab a lobster roll. time is so valuable and while we even have t shirts from here like real live groupies and we tell everyone we know to stop over-oh maybe thats the problem? Its good-but that good? Starting to wonder

• Visited April 2014
hiltonhead SC
“Interesting little jewel in North End Boston!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I first tried this place because I was intrigued by the idea of a " hot" lobster roll. I have been back because the oyster selection is fantastic and the mussels in thai curry sauce are one of the best things I have ever eaten! The place is small, you have to turn sideways to get into your table and you will wait a while for a seat, but its worth it!

• Visited May 2014

Been to Neptune Oyster? Share your experiences!