“Receptionist's excelents tips of Boston” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel 140
Ranked #50 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Natal, RN
“Receptionist's excelents tips of Boston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

The extraordinary care, the attention, the excellent tips on what to do and what to see in Boston provided by the receptionist Julieta. She is a Brazilian super helpful, they really did everything to make our stay the best possible. No doubt, I recommend the Hotel 140.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ednardo2014
Boston-Hotel140, Director of Sales at Hotel 140, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for your kind words about Hotel140 and our front desk staff. Feedback is always appreciated and we would like to continue to provide you with great service in the future! We look forward to your next stay with us.

Hotel140 Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Carle Place, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

've stayed here a couple of times in the past year. Rooms are always clean; staff is friendly and willing to help. Rates are very good for the heart of Boston. I was able to walk to all my appointments and like every city there are great restaurants within a block or two.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank john s
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are glad to hear that you were pleased with the hotel's location, amenities, and price. Please come see us again soon!

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

We had a great stay at Hotel 140 a couple of weeks ago. The room had everything we needed, was modern, comfortable and had nice little touches such as higher quality bath products. The location was perfect and is as central as you could want for getting everywhere you need to go, including food, activities, metro line, parks etc. The hotel had fast (free) wifi, free computer access (first 15 minutes) for printing boarding passes etc., and in general doesn't feel like it is lacking for anything, which brings me to my final point. The staff at Hotel 140 really make the stay special. Every single one who I had a question for pointed me in the right direction and really made me feel at home in Boston. Most especially, Macgyver took the time to carefully recommend dining experiences, and give a detailed explanation of everything Boston had to offer. I couldn't have asked for a more knowledgeable, good-humored individual, and I honestly felt like the hotel had hired him to be our expert on all things Boston.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad that you felt fulfilled with your stay at hotel140. Our staff continues to make lasting impressions on our guests! We look forward to seeing you during your next visit!

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is my 4th time staying here in about 4 years. This time I arrived to find the card security had been taped over in the elevators. "Oh, but there are security cameras in the elevators", said the nice lady at the front desk. Next day I noticed a number of "lower income folks" wandering the halls, riding the elevators and sitting on the stairs. In the past, the non-business guests mostly seemed to be students.

Last night the person in the room next to me decided to light up in the bathroom immediately filling my room with smoke. I called the front desk to report it and was told, "We can move you to another room." "Thanks but it's 10:30 at night. This is a non-smoking hotel - how about you go tell them to stop." "I can't. I am the only person on tonight. Besides, I'm small. There's no way I'm going up there to get into an argument."

This morning I was awoken at 5:30 by a woman in the hallway speaking loudly in a language I can only guess was Ethiopian. I presume she was on the phone. Seeing as I had some extra time before my first meeting, I did a little investigation and figured out my room filled with smoke the previous night because they turn the ventilation system off at night (it was on in the morning). Presumable this is a money-saving idea. (!)

So anyway, if you want to stay in a nice low-security hotel, with colorful smoking neighbors, cheerful yet unhelpful staff and with the opportunity to learn new languages thrown in for free, this is your place. Me, not so much.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Timothy H
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful little hotel. Yes, the rooms are small, but they are clean and comfortable. The hotel is well heated, which was very welcome in the recent frigid weather.

Back Bay is a beautiful, historic neighbourhood, within walking distance to many of Boston's sights. The hotel is almost next door to Back Bay station, on the orange, commuter and Amtrak lines, and right across the road from Copley Place shopping centre. So it's well located, even within the well-located Back Bay Area.

Hotel 140 is excellent value for its cleanliness and location.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rubycles
Boston-Hotel140, Director of Sales at Hotel 140, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you so much for this feedback. We are so glad that you were pleased with hotel140's location and cleanliness. We look forward to your next visit!

Winterton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

We were very happy with our recent stay at this hotel . The room was small but It was very clean and welcoming and ideally located for what we wanted. Best of all were the desk staff, especially Julieta and Sheridan. We would definitely check out this hotel again on our next trip to Boston.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Boston-Hotel140, Director of Sales at Hotel 140, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We have a great staff here at hotel140 and I am glad that they were able to make your stay with us extra special. We hope to see you during your next visit to Boston!

Southern New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

All other reviews are spot on. Great location, great prices($89). Rooms are very small but clean. Beds are uncomfortable! Desk team was very helpful. A bit frustrated that I wanted a water from the vending machine and not a single machine in the building had any!! Silly thing but annoying. Saw a sign in the elevator that said 15% off if you book directly at their website. Really a great deal for Boston! Hotels literally around the corner are $300+ per night. Totally worth it!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for your feedback. We are glad that you were pleased with your accommodations at hotel140. We hope to see you during your next visit to Boston.