“Perfectly serves it's purpose.”
Review of Hotel 140

Hotel 140
Ranked #55 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I needed a simple and economical option to stay with my gf for a wedding in Boston over Presidents Day weekend. I found Hotel 140 through Hotels.com and thought it looked pretty good and had a great rate.

Of course there was a huge snow storm hitting the NE the day we were originally supposed to check-in, so I had to change my check in date to the following day. STEVE at the front desk was very friendly and super helpful..he changed my date and waved the fee it would have cost me because I was past the cancellation point.

The room was very clean, though a little small even for a boutique place. The bed was really comfortable, and the bathroom had awesome water pressure in the shower and sink. The only criticisms I have is that the tv was a little funky with it's reception and channels, and the heating unit was making this annoying ticking noise the last night - but after fiddling with the thermostat a for a minute I got it to stop. The thermostat is manual which I thought was weird, but just being nitpicky. If you have 2 people and are staying more than 2-3 nights, it might be a little tight as the drawer and hanging space is pretty limited.
Another issue was that the noise outside on the street was a little loud even on the 7th floor, though that is not the hotels fault. As I said, there were snow storms and the office building across the street had guys on the sidewalks with machines clearing out the snow. They should maybe look into more sound proof windows.

The people who complain about the furniture quality or size of the rooms or sink space in the bathroom, are obviously unaware of the concept of boutique hotels. You are staying steps away from one of the most central touristy/expensive spots in Boston for such a great price. If you want oversized rooms and bathrooms then go stay at the Hilton back bay for $250 a night. This place was a great value and I will keep it in mind if I ever need a good spot to stay for another short period in Beantown. If I could it would get a 3.5. In closing: nice stay, and Steve is awesome.

1  Thank adrock86
Boston-Hotel140, Director of Sales at Hotel 140, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you during your next visit to boston!

Hotel140 Management

Write a ReviewReviews (2,167)

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Just stayed for one night but it was great, easy acces from Back Bay Tube station or Copley tube station, the famous Boylston street and Newbury street is just around the corner! But the best among of all is they has the best bed! I was slept since 9 to 6 without any disturbed LoL

Definitely will back again if I come to Boston again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing a little about your stay with us. We are so glad that you were able to enjoy hotel140's location and comfort. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit!

Hotel140 management

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed at Hotel 140 for 3 weeks with wife and kids, and had a very comfortable stay. The hotel is located in a a very convenient place, near Backbay and Copley stations, supermarket, shopping malls. People at the front desk were very kind and helpful. Kitchen was very clean. Room was a little dark, though.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gororin

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our fully furnished apartment. We strive to provide the most comfortable accommodations for our extended stay guests. We hope to see you during your next visit to Boston!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My boyfriend and I wanted to go somewhere fun for Valentines day weekend. I came across this hotel online, the pricing was phenomenal, and the hotel was just our style. Perfect location especially for first timers! Great shopping, and there's so much to do we just have to visit again, stay there, and have this experience all over again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are so glad that we were able to help make your Valentine's day extra special! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed here for two nights. The hotel was inexpensive, especially for an urban hotel, and very convenient--steps from the Orange Line Back Bay T and near Copley Square. Room was decent, with the modern European look advertised. The bed was comfortable and there was a small slide out desk for a computer.The room was also very quiet--I'm pretty sensitive to noise. The seating was two wooden straight chairs. There were a few glitches. The bed was in a niche and I had to squeeze sideways to get in it. My room was on the cool side, and the bathroom was always cold, even with the heat cranked up. The room was also rather dark. There was a bedside lamp on the room switch and a floor lamp with a dim bulb, and that was it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ann W

Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to your next trip to Boston. We will be sure to provide you with a larger room to fit your preference.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed in Hotel for 5 nights at end of January., great location just of Boston Common. Close to train system also. Temperatures were freezing outside but hotel was roasting, just what you want after a day out walking. Will definitely stay again when we return

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Niceone1983

Thanks so much for your feedback! We are so glad that you were able to take advantage of our convenience to the mbta. We look forward to welcoming you during your next visit!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I booked this hotel as i was attending a program at the Harvard school of Public health last month. Since i arrived in New York, I decided to take the Amtrak to Boston. One of the major pluses with this property is that it is about 100 meters away from Backbay Station. I mean I walked down to the station. The hotel is located in the downtown area around Copley Square with easy access to the Prudential Tower as well as Copley Square Mall. The rooms are kinda a smallish though so one should bear that in mind while travelling. 2 large suitcases and you may have to play Hop - Skip & Jump in the room. This hotel is located in YWCA building and has an eclectic mix of guests who walk in through its lobby doors. I found the hotel very friendly and would like to mention the names of 2 staff "Steve" & Macever" ( i hope i got the second name right)...they were both very helpful and actually one of them helped me turn the shower faucet as it was stuck for some reason (in the middle of the night). Despite its small rooms and lack of B'fast room, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Boston (primarily for its convineinent location and super helpful staff)

Room Tip: rooms are small so travel light