Hotel 140
Copley Square Hotel(Boston)
  • Breakfast included
Lenox Hotel(Boston)
2,194 results
All reviewscopley squaregreat locationback bay stationflour bakeryrooms are smallorange linewithin walking distancestay there againtrinity churchboylston streetparking garagesubway stationcoffee makersouth endnewbury stfew blocksvisiting boston
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is a great Hotel, perfect location. There are plenty of places that are easily within walking distance. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are small, very small but perfect for a solo business trip. Rooms were also clean and maintained; I would easily stay here again. I do like the idea of having room service for breakfast which is not an option but this way you have to get out an explore, which means you will find Flour....The Award winning bakery right around the corner.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jonathan A, General Manager at Hotel 140, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Joby P,

Thank you for your review of Hotel 140. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here! We pride ourselves on cleanliness and guest service, we have a remarkable team.
Our location is great and since our rooms are a bit smaller than others in Back Bay, they are priced reasonably. We have a great quick service restaurant, Viga, now open in our lobby for guest convenience which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Please visit us again on your next trip to Boston!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Staff was very friendly when I arrived, gave me a free room upgrade and an early check-in - perfect after a long travel day. Room was super clean, no issues. Property was in the process of upgrading door locks, but they were only making noise during the day (they were polite and efficient, didn't impose- I like that they didn't bother to ask if they could do my room door at the time, just came back later when I wasn't around). I like that the room was small - it wasn't a secret/surprise, I don't need much space, and would rather not pay for it. Location was fantastic for an out-of-town tourist - close to all I wanted to do in the Back Bay as well as multiple near-by transit stops and a great breakfast place across the street (Flour). Walls were a little thin but I only had someone next to me on one night out of three and there was no noise late. Desk staff was incredibly friendly and helpful whenever I interacted with them. They offered to hold my bags for the day when I checked out which was much appreciated. The hotel is in a 100-year-old historic building, but it's very modern and updated inside - feels like a new building but has the charm of an old one. Lobby was very comfortable, warm, and welcoming. I stayed for 3 nights and will absolutely stay here again if I need to be in central Boston. Told a local friend about the price and location and he was stunned at how good a deal it is for this part of town.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank gooroo_dougie

Dear gooroo_dougie,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! We appreciate your feedback. Yes, we are in a fantastic location and next to Back Bay Train Station! We pride ourselves on great customer service and clean rooms. We hope that you come back to stay with us next time you are in Boston!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The sheets were too small for the bed. Bed was moderately comfortable and the pillows weren't that great. The room was mostly clean but small - curtains were a bit dirty. The adjoining room occupant was up all night coughing and sadly, we could hear everything, so we were too. Desk attendant was mostly pleasant. My employer booked this stay but I wouldn't recommend it considering some of the other options in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Brain K-NH,

Thank you for your review! Our rooms are a little smaller than most in Back Bay which is why our prices are lower. We have a great housekeeping team that pays close attention to detail. Curtains are cleaned and inspected regularly. Our bedding has recently been redesigned and our guests are loving it!
I apologize that you did not get a very good night sleep because of the coughing guest in the room next to you. We want our guests to be comfortable and always encourage them to call the front desk if they have a concern. We would have been more than happy to place you in another room. We hope that you are able to visit us again!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed a Hotel 140 for 3 nights in March 2014. Chose this place after a comprehensive internet search. This hotel was a great price and a fantastic location. A 2 minute walk to Boylston Street, and another 1 minute to Newbury Street. Everywhere is accessible from this hotel. Rooms are slightly small, but a hotel room is only a base to sleep in. Free wifi is always an added bonus, and Hotel 140 provided this. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: March 2014
Boston-Hotel140, Director of Sales at Hotel 140, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback on Hotel140. We are so glad that you enjoyed the convenience of our location. It really is a great spot for those who are looking to see many areas of Boston during their stay. We hope to see you again during your next Boston visit!

All the best,

Hotel140 Management

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Hi Folks,

This hotel/apartment complex met all our needs and expectations, and is located in an incredibly safe, downtown Boston setting just off Newbury street.. Safe, clean, ideally located and so secure....we were delighted.

Staff are incredibly receptive and welcoming and so helpful. Thanks to all receptions guys, Meaghan and Steve.

No bar/restaurant (Yet -food area coming...installation even as we stayed) ...but the private apartments have all the necessary requirements, from fridge to cooker/microwave and all utensils, tv and furniture.

Contact Meaghan Finn-responsible for Sales and Marketing.... for positive direct communication re.all requirements and possibilities. Super lady, so accommodating and welcoming, with excellent communication skills and local knowledge, though what would you expect from a third generation Irish lady. ???....it's in the blood....thank you Meaghan...... - I could not recommend more highly.

Hotel 140.....The place to stay in downtown Boston.!!!

Will certainly return and will offer positive recommendations to all.

Regards

Myles and Helen Johnston..

Room Tip: contact the lady!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank myles59
Boston-Hotel140, Director of Sales at Hotel 140, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad that you have such positive things to say about your visit to Boston and your stay at hotel140! Please come see us again soon!

All the best,