“Best Clam Chowder I had in Boston”
Review of The Purple Shamrock - CLOSED

The Purple Shamrock
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This was my favorite restaurant in Boston. They offer a great lobster dinner special of 1 1/4 lobster with a side order of french fries for $16. They have an award winning clam chowder highly recommended. Good atmosphere and excellent service. I would definitely eat there again!

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Potato skins were fantastic at a great price! Ordered the Shamrock burger. Unfortunately, they were out of the Irish bacon. The burger was delicious; juicy and flavorful! The wait for our food was very long, but our waitress was friendly. They only had two waitresses working at the time, so maybe that's why it took so long. I would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

Waitress very accommodating and friendly. Great that she offered me a sample of a beer I had never had. Food was awesome abd plentiful. Great relaxed atmosphere, a place for the whole family

Reviewed 12 May 2012

This has become our favorite bar/restaurant when we're in Boston. We had been here in 2009 and returned again in 2012 because of the positive experience we had previously. They still offer a great lobster dinner special of 1 1/4 lobster with a side order of french fries for $16. Great deal, nice bar, good atmosphere and good service. It remains high on our list for places to eat when we're in Boston.