“It was fine...”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“It was fine...”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I received a gift certificant to The Glynn Hospitality Group so I decided to try out The Black Rose. Paid $18 for parking in a garage which annoyed me. It was in a good location if you are making a day of being in Boston but I didn't love paying that much for parking. There is street parking but it is very hard to find a spot.

The food was pretty good. I got the Banger and Mash. It was fine. Girlfriend got a Reuben, it was pretty good I could of made one just as good at home. The service was ok. Our Waitress was nice but forgot to put in our appetizer so we ended up getting it after our meal which wasn't very good. We got the potato skins which were fine. The place itself was clean and what I think an Irish Pub should look like. Pricing was as expected.

Would I come back? No. Is it worth a try? Sure, why not. But don't say I told you it was very good.

Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Sicklerville, New Jersey, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Shepherd's Pie & Magner's Cider - great little Irish pub”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I met up with friends for a drink and a bite and since Magner's cider is my drink of choice and Shepherd's Pie up among my favorite dishes - I was quite happy with both at this popular with tourists and locals Irish Pub. It has two floors and is quaint as Irish Pubs should be,,,very loud but it was Friday night and there was a live band. Nice varied menu and decent service. No complaints.

1 Thank Patrick C
Kalamazoo, Michigan
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great Lunch! The atmosphere was good and the service was phenomenal.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Staying in Boston for a couple days and someone suggested The Black Rose to us, so we tried it out. The place is pretty cool, it's a classic Boston Pub. The service was great, our waitress was awesome. The food was great, and the lunch menu is a pretty good price. Over all it was great, I suggest it!

Anchorage, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Bartender, Great Fish and Chips, Live Music!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had an excellent time at the Black Rose. Stopped in for a Guinness on draft and ended up ordering their Fish and Chips! Flaky and delicious! Huge portion! Bartender was friendly, and efficient! Live music made for an excellent atmosphere. Great Irish Pub!

Effort, Pennsylvania
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Best Craic in Boston”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Not to be missed. Great traditional acoustic sets mingled with American classics. The highlight of this bar is its live music.

1 Thank V M