“Pretty good”

Ranked #74 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Pretty good”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at the Courtyard South Boston for two nights.
The hotel is clean. Very good location as far as it has a shopping center directly behind it.
The staff was very accommodating and gave good service.
No free breakfast.
Do not take rooms above main garbage around the hotel.
The trash is being collected at 5 am. And very noisy!
The rooms and beds are good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Arabic first
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for two nights while I was in town for a funeral. The hotel is clean and in a good location as far as it has a shopping center directly behind it. The restaurant in the lobby left a lot to be desired. There was not much on the menu and everything was overpriced. The security at this hotel was very rude. My daughter walked me to my room and we were having a quiet conversation outside of the door when a security guard stated for us to get in our room and shut the door. We were not loud and no one had complained, I do not think we were outside the door more than one minute before he yelled at us. In fact, he probably would not have known had he not been delivering towels to a room on our floor. The second night of my hotel stay there was no hot water, so I went to bed without a shower. Upon waking up in the morning there was still no hot water. I called the front desk several times to be told that they were working on it and would not be giving any compensation. This was totally unacceptable. One hour prior to check out the warm water came back on.

1 Thank Katherine G
Chester C, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Hello Katherine G,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with the us. You indicated in your response that we did not meet all your needs and for that we are very sorry. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet all of yours and certainly not our own expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Director of Operations
Saint Andrews, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at the Courtyard South Boston the night before our cruise from Boston to Bermuda. The staff was very accommodating and allowed me to park my vehicle at the hotel during my week away. They also had a shuttle that took you to the terminal and we were promptly picked up when we returned. Thanks for helping us have a stress free vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Kevin,

It was our pleasure having you stay with us prior to your cruise to Bermuda. I happen to learn that find our staff to be very accommodating. We are also glad that our Park Sleep Fly Package worked out well for you as well. Many of our guest love the shuttle service to the Black Falcon Terminal. You stress free vacation is what our goal is here at the courtyard south boston.

Sicerely,

Cheste Coppin
Washington, DC
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights while she looked for an apartment in south Boston. I got the senior rate so the hotel was much less than others in the neighborhood. It is fairly new so the appointments are clean and unused. We had two double beds and they were fine! They do not have a full restaurant but the lobby "Starbucks plus" was fine for breakfast. They had drinks and snacks which we did not try. We went for dinner to a local restaurant 3 blocks away on Boston Street . The meal was excellent and the ambience very nice.The staff was good but we did not have any unusual requests so...There is an airport shuttle!

The only shortcoming is that the hotel is next to the South Boston Shopping Center in a warehouse district. If you have a car that's great. If you do not, it's a mile to the Boston Medical Center and more to attractions. The "T" is not far but it didn't go where we wanted to be. Taxis are available to be called but we used Uber and loved it.

Room Tip: It is surrounded by parking lots but we did not hear a thing.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback StLawrencelover. We are pleased to know that your time with us was enjoyable and a delight. Our goal is to ensure that all our guest are completely satisfied with the things we can control and those we cannot we hope that the services we provide over shadows those. We hope you keep us in mind during your next visit to boston.

Sincerly,

Cheste Coppin
Operations Manager
new york
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This was an average Courtyard. They had a shuttle that ran last shuttle to Convention Center at 11 AM. PICK UP WAS 5:30;6:30 and 7:30. back to the hotel. Not the easiest place to find.It is located by a shopping center.One big negative, no complimentary 24 hour coffee or tea in the lobby. In fact no complimentary coffee in the morning. When we asked they stated there is in the room. Absolutely not the same.You can pay in their small restaurant for coffee which closes by 10:30 am. It's cheaper than downtown Boston hotels.It was an average Courtyard hotel. We have stayed in nicer Courtyards.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NewYorkRayman46
Chester C, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
I am very sorry we have let you down. I see you mentioned that our hotel is cheaper than downtown Boston hotels saving you some $$$. But you scored us in the mid category for value and service. Please let me know if there were any further issues with your stay that I can address. We are adding some extra coffee to the room and as a welcome to our hotel we have included bottle water and chocolate next to your pillow. I know its not much but some would say its a start.

Rehoboth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I have stayed a few times in the past year and this last stay left a lot to be desired. Hotel itself has not changed since the last time I was there, however something is off at the place. Clean? Yes so not housekeeping. Most of the staff the same as I remember? Yes. So what has changed since the last time I was at this hotel? It seems as if the staff has had the life drained out of them. I can see why, I believe I was talking to a manager, boy was he rude. The way that he talked to people was out of this world. He has an accent so at first I figured it was a cultural thing but then it got out of control. I found out he is a recent addition since my last stay and it all clicked. I had an issue with my stay (minor issue) but he made it seem like it was my fault and that I caused a giant issue to happen when all I did was mention it to him on the way out and he would not let me leave the hotel until I explained everything to him and then he blamed me for his problem. Was an issue with something in the room that I was not even going to use and was leaving but just informing them so the next guest wouldnt have to deal with it. Apparently it was my fault though and he informed me that I would not be getting anything free because of it. SOOOO Polite.

Long story short. Hotel condition (GREAT) Hotel Staff (use to be GREAT) This new guy (the complete opposite of great)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank bliss b
Chester C, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Good Evening Bliss B,

Thank you for the feedback. Your comments and feedback will only help us to improve the service and conditions at our facility. We are making efforts to impact all of our guest, colleagues and community favorably each day. Its the constructive feedback that you provide that will help us to improve the service we provide to our guest and employees alike. Thank you for your time and we hope that your next stay with us brings about a more rewarding experience.
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 April 2014

If you don't mind not being downtown, but you still want to be in Boston, I would suggest checking this place out. Not walking distance to any touristy things, but there is free parking, which is a huge plus over spending $40+ per day at the other downtown hotels. They have a shuttle that will bring you to the airport or to the convention center, which worked really well for us since we were going to a show at the convention center. You are within walking distance to a Panera Bread, Olive Garden and Applebees, as well as a bunch of big stores.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Reactor1966
Chester C, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for taking time out to write a review on your stay. We take your feedback very seriously. We work hard to improve our guest relations. We are happy that our hotel met your needs. We are close to the city center and next to public transportation. Our location offers free parking for the budget savy traveller. Please join us again on your next trip to Boston as we work very hard to inprove service and increase the pleasant guest experience.

Director of Operations