“So funny!”
Review of Shear Madness

Shear Madness
Ranked #4 of 47 Concerts & Shows in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover for youself why over 9 million people around the world have seen Shear Madness, the uproarious whodunit where the audience gets to solve the crime. A mixture of improvisation and up-to-the-minute humor, the play is delightfully different every time you see it.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Right from the beginning this show was entertaining. I went with my husband and it was a good time. I bought my tickets 2 days in advance and got good seats. I wish I had brought a paper and pen to write down things as they happened because toward the middle of the show they do a replay of everything ask the audience to find the differences and make a guess as to who the murderer is. Also know that this is not a show that includes dinner so make sure to eat beforehand. Tickets are a discount if you show your AAA card. I used a friend's and it was completely ok just as long as you bring the card at the time you buy your ticket. Enjoy the show!

ShearMadness, Public Relations Manager at Shear Madness, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

So glad you enjoyed the show! Please come back anytime!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

On Sun. Aug. 3rd we went to the 7 pm show of "Shear Madness". This is a comedy, murder mystery and has audience participation.

The cast is great - the show is hilarious - the actors are wonderful and they actually do make you feel part of the show.

It is cheaper to get your tickets online. To get to the seating and stage - there are a number of steps to go down but that is okay. The room has a bar where you can purchase beverages with alcohol, soda and they carry some snacks. The bar is open prior to the show and at intermission.

It is a small theatre - but the entertainment is huge!!! If in Boston, recommend seeing the show.

3  Thank donkey92
ShearMadness, Public Relations Manager at Shear Madness, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

So glad you were able to join us! Please come back anytime.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The intimate setting was great, cast was fabulous, hilarious show! I would recommend it!

My only complaint is that we happened to be there on a night where the audience was 85% 7th and 8th graders. Not only did I feel awkward drinking, I could tell that the actors pulled back a little in their improv and adult content. Then in the audience participation section, the kids were over zealous in their participation, making me feel more like a chaperone and unwilling to participate.

I was surprised to see that it was open to kids, as I thought it was geared toward an adult audience.

My suggestion is to call ahead and make sure the night you want to go is not a kid night. For the production company, you should restrict kids to a "kid only" performance.

2  Thank RoseBrenny
Reviewed 24 July 2014

You'll have a blast!

A very unique type of show where the audience gets involved. I don't want to say too much about the show, as that might ruin the experience for you if you know what's going to happen. If you're not from Boston, you might not get some of the jokes about the area, but don't let that stop you from going!

This small theatre is nice. It can seat perhaps 50 people at once and it has a small bar. No food or snacks available, so eat before you come.

ShearMadness, Public Relations Manager at Shear Madness, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you so much for coming to the show. We are thrilled you enjoyed yourself!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We went last night and it was brilliant. Nothing like this exists in the UK and it was great great fun. The setting is small so you are right near the stage. The actors are brilliant and the humour up to date and very witty.
We got our tickets at Bostix near Quincy Market and paid $35 each (normally $50).
We were in seats E5 and E6 which were fine but there was a small pillar and a tall person in front! I wouldn't have these seats again by choice.
Also wear long sleeves as the air con is fierce.
Great night. Great fun.

1  Thank J P
ShearMadness, Public Relations Manager at Shear Madness, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you so much for coming!! We had a great run of this show in London in 1997 but would love to come back to the UK. We are currently running in Antwerp, and Paris should you ever get over to those areas and want to see the show from another perspective!