The Westin Boston Waterfront
US$358
US$340
US$314
2,839 results
All reviewsconvention centercomedy clubsilver lineirish pubheavenly bedcity barboston waterfrontattending a conferencesouth stationthe world trade centerclose to the airportcab ridelarge hotellogan airportrestaurants and barsconcierge deskpublic transportation
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I stayed here overnight from 7/17/12 -7/18/12. I was here for business and it was a great stay! I had a skyline suite on the 13th floor. Very large room for myself. Had great views of the Boston skyline as well as of the harbor. Large living room area, large separate bedroom, two flat screens, two bathrooms, as well as two entrances. It seems that they combined two rooms to make it into a suite. Room service was pretty good as well. Ordered the steak for dinner which was just average. Ordered the granola pancakes for breakfast and those were phenomenal! Room was up to date and bathroom amenities were good as well. I was there for a convention and the access to the BCEC is very easy as it is connected via skywalk. I would definitely recommend this hotel if staying in the Boston area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2012

It's a great hotel if you have to go to a convention. We took this not knowing where it was located, it pretty far from downtown but we were close to the new and upcoming seaport area that had lots of good resturants and bars. We loved O'Connors bar much better then the on in the lobby. Service & the room was great. Check in and Check out went very smooth. They did have a problem with the AC on day but it didn't last long.

Room Tip: If you get a room above the 5th floor you have a great view of downtown
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I spent a week here recently, whilst attending a conference. The hotel is very convenient for the convention centre, with a sky bridge linking the two. My room was large and well appointed, with a large bathroom. One downer on arrival was finding that, despite being a non-smoking room, there was a nauseating smell of stale smoke when we first entered. We arrived late at night so I left it till morning to raise the issue. The hotel reacted quickly and installed an ionizer for a few hours, which pretty much removed the smell. One thing to consider is that the hotel has no amenities nearby. It's a 10-15 minute walk to find any restaurants etc. Having said that, downtown is only a 20 minute walk or a $7 taxi ride away. Restaurant and bar facilities in the hotel were good, but expensive and after a first use I avoided them.

All in all a good experience and I'd certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view. Ask for a room on the ninth floor or higher facing the city.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Critter_GC
ExecutiveAssistant32, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Thank you for providing such a positive review of our hotel. Your feedback is appreciated and we look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

The Westin Waterfront in Boston is a nice hotel. We stayed for two nights at a good price and had a great time. We found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. If you have any questions don't call from your room. The operator didn't really help me and was quick to get me off the phone. The room was clean and the bed slept great. We will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I stayed at the Westin Boston Waterfront 4 nights on business. Unlike other recent travelers, I found the staff poliet, helpful and seem to care about their guests. I had locked myself out of my room - I was quickly let in after I provided photo ID. On the way down the hall they noted a room ajar and took the time to knock and when no one answered took the time to secure the door. Some hotel staff would not notice this and take the time to protect guest rooms. The hotel is a quick walk to the water which has a lovely walkway. J Pace Market is a 10 minute walk. Excellent snacks, beverages, fruit and desserts. I ran each morning early along the walkway and not once did I feel unsafe.
Note that the Silver line is free from the airport to the World Trade stop in the summer. Quick 5 minute walk to front of hotel. However, the Silver line is standing room only; a seat may not be available.
Fun shopping around Boston Common. Toured the Freedom Trail using the Trip Advisor City Guide free self guided tour. Easy to follow the red brick trail while relearning history.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting your review. I was delighted to read your comments and hope you will consider The Westin Boston Waterfront for your next trip to Boston.