“Love this place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

This is a classy, well maintained property. Beautiful accommodations, our room was very comfortable and we had a great view of the city skyline. This was our first trip to Boston and when we come back, we are staying here again! The staff was beyond excellent. They went above and beyond to make sure our stay was wonderful. Talk to Darlene Grande, one of the concierges, she is the best! I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you for the fabulous comments you had for our property and for recognizing Darlene Grande, our Concierge. Darlene is fairly new to the hotel but she does a fantastic job and we are happy to have her on our team. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lancaster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

We booked thru Hotwire-great deal for a nice hotel. I was a bit worried about location, but it was fine-taxi and the T readily available! Staff at hotel was great. Front desk, concierge, bellman , bartender were friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Pool area smallish but clean and bright. Only thing I didn't like was that our room with 2 beds had 2 full beds rather than queens. Fine for the kids, but not the parents :). Overall a nice choice in Beantown.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate the feedback and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

I loved the clean and smoke free environment of the hotel. At first, I thought it was isolated and out of the way from major sightseeing in town, but the subway's not far. A little known tip: free shuttle buses every 15 minutes to Faneuill Hall (on street level below World Trade Center). I did the Freedom Walk / sightseeing, then walked to Chinatown. I recommend Jumbo Seafood! Day two, I spent all day at the Museum of Fine Arts. Later, I visited the Contemporary Art Museum near the hotel, then dined at Legal Seafood. It was great returning to a quiet place away from the maddening crowds.
I slept well in an extremely comfortable bed and enjoyed the local experience. I also pampered myself at the hotel's indoor whirlpool and pool. The housekeeping staff and front desk are accommodating as is the concierge. She's A-one. I hope to get the chance to stay at the Westin Boston waterfront location again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from elevators and/or linen closets. Go to a higher floor for the view!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank ChakChel
Thank you for the wonderful comments you had for our hotel and our hardworking staff. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to hosting you in the future.
Kauai, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed here for a work conference. The hotel is nice and was well designed for our meetings. The room was nice, with a good tv and comfortable bed. The shower and sink had low water pressure and there was a good but of noise from the hallway, but overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and we look forward to your next visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel to attend a concert at the BOA Pavilion. It was walking distance so that was nice. We took the water taxi over from the airport and where it dropped off was a bit of a hike with luggage. The hotel is very nice. The front desk team was great, very friendly and acknowledged my SPG status.We got upgraded to a nice corner unit with water view and it was superb. Cab service is readily available too. Starbucks inside the hotel was nice. Great sangria and afternoon snacks provided too. Would recommend and return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time post your comments. We appreciate all feedback and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

We recently stayed here for three nights at the end of our Cape Cod/Providence/Boston vacation. I had wanted to stay in the Back Bay area but the prices were just out of my reach so found a great travelzoo deal for the Westin Waterfront that included parking. I was a bit worried about the location but it was not an issue at all. We mastered the "T" and used it to get everywhere. We purchased the 7 day pass, even though we were only there for 2 1/2 days and it was still financially a good choice and so convenient. I would highly recommend getting it. When we were leaving the hotel, I gave my remaining 4 days worth of subway pass to a tourist I met in the elevator that had just arrived. The hotel was beautiful, clean and comfy. Starbucks coffee and a safe in the room. Boston is a compact city so getting around is easy and everything is fairly close. At night it was almost nice to leave the busyness of Boston to retreat to our hotel. Highly recommend but use the subway....walking is fine, but you walk so much anyways that to walk to the city centre to start your day is kind of a waste of energy. THe T is easy to use, maps are clear and locals are always willing to help you the minute you start looking at a map.
I guess in summary, I'm saying don't let the location scare you off this hotel, its not a big deal and the price difference is well worth staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SharonSOntario
Thank you for the wonderful comments you had for our hotel. I was happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

I was only here for a day for business, but upon entering the hotel I wish I could have stayed longer! It is a huge hotel - what looks like a very nice bar open seating area as well as a trendy restaurant that looked busy on Sunday night. The rooms are nice (standard Westin hotel rooms). No complaints except that I ordered breakfast to my room in the morning and it was $36 for a pot of coffee and a fruit/yogurt parfait - probably standard but something to keep note of!
Would love to go back and spend more time there.

Room Tip: ask for a view! it's beautiful.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting your review. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will consider staying with us on your next trip to Boston.