“Fun and Modern. Where's Waterfront?”

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #40 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California, United States
“Fun and Modern. Where's Waterfront?”
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Good location. I was on the 9th floor with a fairly drab view during the day (that didn't matter!) but the lights at night were lovely. Great bars, modern, friendly, airy lobby. A Starbucks where I could bring my tablet and get on the lobby's free wifi each morning. To get 5 stars, hotels should, of course, have wifi available gratis in all rooms too. A fantastic perk is the work out clothes and shoes available for $5.00. There is a good gym and the workout clothes fit perfectly. Hubway bikes to rent are right down the street. All the staff were helpful and friendly. The room was uninspired as far as decor, but the bathroom was perfect with a lot of counter space. Very clean. I recommend this hotel as a mid-price (for Boston) and I would stay there again except that I love to try a new hotel each time!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Elle S
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was happy to learn we were able to meet your expectations and that you took adavantage of our Gear Lending Program which has become quite popular. I hope you will consider staying with us in the future. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Boston.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Australia
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My husband, myself and my daughter stayed for three nights at this Westin location. Prior to booking, I read the reviews and was quite pleased with the comments provided on the hotel. I knew that I wasn't in a central location this time around but it didn't bother me as we knew our way around. Upon arrival, everyone greeted us with a smile at the front desk. We checked in and to my surprise I was given the wrong room. It was actually the room that I booked but I was told by my third party that I would be upgraded further but that wasn't the case. I was then introduced to Mattthew who attentively listened to my concerns of not getting the room I was supposed to. He then went the extra mile and stated my case to the guest services supervisor by the name of Tope to hopefully solve the problem. She dealt with the manner in the same way Matthew did. She was friendly, attentive, and truly concerned about my three day stay with my family. She then came back out with Kamal the front office director. The problem was solved immediately and we obtained the room that I thought I was going to be given. All three of them gave us first class treatment. I wouldn't expect less than that at such a big chain hotel. The room was exceptionally clean, the staff on our floor were friendly, smiling and provided us with a fridge, microwave and a crib for the little one. Water bottles were always their for us when we came back from our outings. When going in and out of The hotel we were always greeted by courteous Staff that always wanted to help. Another staff member, Meloba was always fun to chat with and very helpful. Overall, I would definitely stay there again. Public transportation is steps away and so is the airport. If you have a child in the stroller the walk to the central tourist spots is about a twenty five min walk rather than a fifteen minute one. Hats off to the staff at Westin we hope to see you again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cynto
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for recognizing our hardworking staff. I was delighted to read your stay was enjoyable despite the initial hiccup with your room assignment. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope you will consider staying with us on your next trip to Boston.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 11 December 2013

After a long flight, there was a welcome sight to see such an elegant room with perfect amenities AND the pool makes up for the sedentary nature of the preceding flight. Good restaurants and it is so convenient to the conference center.

Room Tip: Ask fir a room with a view - it's Boston and views are worth it.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ann P
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was delighted to read your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to hosting you in the future.
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed in the Westin over the first weekend in December 2013 for an exam that I was writing at the Convention. I arrived a few days early to study a little and settle in.

I stayed in a standard room, but it was clean, quiet and all the staff were friendly!
It was quiet enough to study and there were no interruptions! So convenient, close to the airport, next to the Boston Convention Centre and only a $10 can ride into town.

As I was busy I couldn't leave the hotel and explore, the only thing I struggled with was getting a good breakfast that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!!

Other than that I felt completely at home :-)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Boston.
Co Clare.
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My Fiance and I stayed here for two nights the 2nd and 3rd of December, we were on our holidays from Ireland and we were looking forward to our trip to Boston!
My First problem was with the check in, they only had us in for one night instead of two, working in the hotel industry myself i understand how these things can happen, however the manner in which it was dealt with was simple not ok!
I showed him my email conformation to which his reply was, "can you send me on that email" then proceeded to talk to his colleague while i struggled to get the wi-fi working on my fon, he would then turn to me every few mins and inform me that he was still waiting for it to come through like it was my fault. not so much as a sorry for the mix up did I get.
After finally getting it sorted we got to our room, which i must say was nice, spacious and clean.
the following day we went out and upon our return to the room after 6pm the room had not been serviced! I went down to reception and explained our situation to the same man who check us in ask me if i had asked for the room to be serviced................................
I asked if all guests had to ask for their room to be serviced? we had passed the house keepers that morning leaving the room at 10pm i didn't know they had to be asked to do their job, what I was paying for, and we did NOT have a Do not disturb sign on the door. they got the room serviced eventually but again not even an apology did i get, off we went for dinner in the bar (with was very nice) and before going to bed at 9pm as i had a migraine and all i wanted to do was sleep, I went to sort out everything for the following days check out.
I asked the lady if i could pay for our parking and the calls we made from the room as it was a pre paid booking, she only charged me for one night rather than two when i pointed it out to her she said it couldn't be paid it till the morning, again i explained i was not feeling well and was going to bed and as the hotel was so busy did not want to spend the morning at the desk waiting to check out, she apologized and again told me she couldn't do it then but to come back to her before i went to my room and she could do it then!!!!! she was a nice lady but come on!!!
our trip was topped off by a knock on the door at 8.50 am the following morning asking what time we were check out at................................
their only saving grace was the nice lady at check out, but to be honest if it was going for free i wouldn't stay there again and it was all down to customer service!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank buttonsp
Good morning buttonsp. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about the service issues you encountered during your recent stay. I was very disappointed to read of your experience and I would like to assure you this is not indicative of the type of quality customer service we strive to provide our guests at all times. While we do appreciate the feedback, I was hoping you could provide additional information so that I can research and resolve the matter to your satisfaction in an effort to gain your trust so that you would consider staying with us again in the future. Please reach out to me at donna.frechette@westin.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Arizona
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Staff here were friendly and accommodating. Facilities lack the warmth I like to have in a hotel but the location is perfect for the Convention Center and I was able to walk to dinner. The lobby area is great for doing work and conducting meetings. The business center was very accommodating and efficient. Pool and fitness facilities nice and functional for a work out on the road. Taxis always available, doorman friendly. Nothing really special about this hotel but everything is "right" with this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher the better because of street noise
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate the feedback and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Flagler Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed here for four nights, and everyone from the front desk to servers, to concierge, to bellmen were professional, friendly, and helpful. My room had everything I could need, and I took advantage of the stay green program for the $5 starbucks or restaurant credit daily. Great program. Great view, comfortable bed. One person in particular, went above and beyond to assist me with a reservation issue and could not have been more pleasant, professional. Matt Tomkewicz was so helpful and I had a stress free stay thanks to him! Will definitely stay here when I return to Boston ina few months. Thank you Westin for a great stay! Lynne

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for posting your review and for recognizing our hardworking staff and in particular, Matt from the Front Desk. I was delighted to read your stay was enjoyable and we hope you will consider staying with us on your next trip to Boston.